Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers Odds
The Rangers are 62-61 against the spread (ATS), but just 55-69 straight up (SU). They’ve lost 0.5 units for moneyline bettors and 1.6 units (ATS). Texas has a 3-4 ATS record over its last seven games and the over has hit in three of those seven. The Angels, on the other hand, have gone 62-62 SU this year and are 57-66 ATS. In total, the team’s lost 6.9 units for moneyline bettors and 16.7 units ATS. Los Angeles has covered the spread five times in its last seven games and the over has cashed in four of those seven.
Rangers games have had an over/under record of 58-56-9 in 2018. Los Angeles has been a decent under bet with a total record of 54-60-9.
Southpaw Andrew Heaney is projected to start for the visiting Angels. Heaney (7-7, 3.88 ERA) has recorded 128 strikeouts in 134.2 innings so far. This is his first start against Texas this year. He did make two starts against the team in 2017, putting together a 0-1 record with a 9.72 ERA and nine strikeouts.
The Rangers are sending lefty Martin Perez (2-5, 6.71 ERA) to the mound. Perez has 35 strikeouts and 23 walks to his name, as well as a WHIP of 1.96. Perez is 0-1 with two strikeouts and a 24.00 ERA in one start against Los Angeles this year.
Los Angeles’ pitchers have allowed 4.3 runs per game and its starters own a 4.24 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 8.79 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 3.68, along with a K-per-9 of 8.78.
Angels hitters have slashed .248/.321/.422 on their way to 4.6 runs scored per game this season, including 5.2 runs per game against divisional foes and 5.2 per game over the team’s last five contests (3-2 SU).
Shortstop Andrelton Simmons and left fielder Justin Upton continue to lead Los Angeles’ offense. Simmons is slashing .301/.352/.427 with eight home runs, 56 RBIs and 57 runs scored, while Upton (.265/.352/.474) has produced 26 homers, 74 RBIs and 68 runs scored.
In the home-team dugout, Texas’ pitchers have allowed 5.3 runs per game overall this year. The club’s starting pitching staff has an ERA of 5.41, a WHIP of 1.45 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 6.3. The bullpen has a 4.12 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 8.1 K/9. In 52 games against AL West opponents, Rangers starters have an ERA of 4.99 and the bullpen’s ERA is 4.66.
Texas’ offense is putting up 4.8 runs per outing, including 4.4 per game against divisional foes and 5.0 per game over its last five. The team’s hit .247/.328/.399 over its last five games and is 3-2 SU during that span.
The Rangers’ batters have been led by Shin-soo Choo and Jurickson Profar. Choo is hitting .281/.394/.477 with 20 home runs, 57 RBIs and 69 runs scored, while Profar’s line sits at .251/.336/.458 with 14 homers, 65 RBIs and 65 runs.
The Angels have lost 10.2 units and are 13-23 ATS when facing a lefty starter this season. The over has cashed in 13 of those games, compared to 19 that’ve gone under in such games. On the other hand, the Rangers have lost 0.7 units and are 19-20 ATS when facing a left-handed starting pitcher. The over has hit in 21 of those games, as opposed to 13 which went under the total.
Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Rangers, ATS Winner – Angels, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in three of Los Angeles’ last seven games.
Texas has posted 25.5 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 20.6 over its last five.
The Angels have hit 14 home runs in their last 10 games. The Rangers have hit 15 over their last 10.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- San Diego State Aztecs vs. Fresno State Bulldogs Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Bowling Green Falcons at Eastern Michigan Eagles ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Ball State Cardinals Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Akron Zips Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Boise State Broncos vs. Air Force Falcons ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Wichita State Shockers vs. South Florida Bulls Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Western Michigan Broncos vs. Ohio Bobcats ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Minnesota Golden Gophers at Michigan Wolverines Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019