The Los Angeles Dodgers are taking on the Boston Red Sox in Game 2 of the World Series. The Red Sox currently have a 1-0 lead in the series. The matchup is scheduled to begin at 8:09 p.m. ET and will be shown nationally on Fox.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Boston Red Sox Odds
Factoring in the regular season, the Dodgers are 99-76 SU and are 80-94 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 20.6 units for moneyline bettors and 14.7 units ATS. The Red Sox, on the other hand, are 116-56 SU and 100-71 ATS. They’ve gained 38.7 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 26.2 units ATS.
Red Sox games have an over/under record of 83-80-8 in 2018. The Dodgers have an over/under record of 80-83-11.
The left-handed Hyun-Jin Ryu is the projected starter for Los Angeles. Ryu (7-3, 1.97 ERA) has racked up 89 strikeouts in 82.1 innings so far. He has yet to face the Red Sox this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Red Sox are putting the ball in the hands of lefty David Price (16-7, 3.58 ERA), who has 177 punchouts and 50 walks, as well as a 1.14 WHIP. Price did not record a start against the Dodgers in 2017.
With a team slash line of .220/.322/.363, Los Angeles has scored 3.9 runs per game through 12 playoff games. Boston is hitting .261/.351/.412 over 10 games and the team has put up 6.4 runs in the 2018 playoffs.
The Red Sox bullpen (11.4 K/9) has registered a postseason ERA of 3.40 and a WHIP of 1.30, while Dodgers relievers (8.5 K/9) have performed significantly better with a 1.77 ERA and 1.01 WHIP.
Cody Bellinger has led Los Angeles’ offense and is slashing .252/.336/.455 with 26 home runs, 80 RBIs, 88 runs and 18 stolen bases.
J.D. Martinez has helped lead the Red Sox offense this year with 45 home runs, 141 RBIs and 116 runs scored.
The Red Sox are coming off of an 8-4 win in Game .
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Boston Red Sox Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Red Sox, ATS Winner – Dodgers, O/U – OVER
Los Angeles has tallied nine extra-base hits over its last five contests. Boston has 19 XBH over its last five.
The Dodgers have hit nine home runs in their last 10 games. The Red Sox have hit 10 over their last 10.
The Dodgers have a team OPS of .770 this season and an OPS of .682 against left-handed pitchers. The Red Sox’ OPS stands at .793 overall and .872 against southpaws.
Boston has recorded 24.4 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 26.2 over its last five.
The Red Sox have won seven of their last eight games SU.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019