Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Diego Padres Odds
Vegas has listed Los Angeles (-150) as the favorite over San Diego (+140). The total is sitting at 8 runs and bettors can wager on the over for +110 or the under for -130. Bettors can also wager on the game’s runline with the odds sitting at -105 for the Dodgers -1.5 runs and -115 for the Padres +1.5.
The Padres are just 40-54 straight up (SU) and 43-50 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 5.6 units for moneyline bettors and 23.4 units (ATS). The Dodgers are 49-42 SU and have gone 41-49 ATS. Overall, the team’s lost 16.7 units for moneyline gamblers and 7.2 units ATS.
Padres games have had an over/under record of 42-48-3 thus far in 2018. Los Angeles has an over/under record of 46-42-2.
Kenta Maeda will get the nod for Los Angeles. The right-handed Maeda is 5-5 with a 3.24 ERA and 98 strikeouts. He’s 1-0 with 17 strikeouts and a 5.91 ERA against San Diego this year (two starts).
The Padres are putting the ball in the left hand of Joey Lucchesi (4-4, 3.27 ERA, 1.18 WHIP), who has 65 strikeouts and 24 walks. Lucchesi is 0-1 with five strikeouts and a 5.40 ERA in one start against Los Angeles this year.
Los Angeles’ pitchers have allowed 3.9 runs per game and its starters own a 3.35 ERA, 1.13 WHIP and 9.55 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 3.86, along with a WHIP of 1.13 and a K-per-9 of 9.23.
Dodgers hitters have slashed .243/.325/.431 on their way to 4.8 runs scored per game in 2018, including 4.7 runs per game against divisional foes and 3.4 per game over the team’s last five outings (2-3 SU).
Outfielders Matt Kemp and Chris Taylor continue to lead Los Angeles’ offense. Kemp is slashing .312/.354/.538 with 15 home runs, 58 RBIs and 41 runs scored, while Taylor has a .256 average with 10 homers, 38 RBIs and 52 runs scored.
For the home team, San Diego’s pitchers have given up 4.6 runs per game overall this year. The team’s starters have a 4.71 ERA, 1.44 WHIP and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 3.64 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 9.7 K/9. In 41 games against divisional foes, Padres starters have an ERA of 5.14 and the bullpen’s ERA is 3.51.
The San Diego offense is putting up 3.7 runs per contest, including 3.8 per game against divisional foes and 3.2 per game over its last five. The team has hit .203/.266/.353 over its last five matchups and is 2-3 SU during that stretch.
The Padres’ batters have been led by first baseman Eric Hosmer and left fielder Jose Pirela. Hosmer is slashing .256/.327/.405 with nine home runs, 38 RBIs and 39 runs scored, and Pirela’s line is .261/.312/.356 with three homers, 27 RBIs and 45 runs scored.
The Dodgers have lost 2.8 units and are 14-17 ATS when facing a lefty starter this season. The over has hit in eight of those games, compared to 22 that’ve gone under against left-handed starting pitchers. On the other hand, the Padres have netted 3.9 units and are 34-30 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher. The over has hit in 26 of those games, as opposed to 35 that’ve cashed the under.
Los Angeles Dodgers at San Diego Padres Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Dodgers, ATS Winner – Dodgers, O/U – UNDER
The under has hit in three of Los Angeles’ last seven games.
San Diego has recorded 18.7 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 18.4 over its last five.
The Dodgers have hit 15 home runs in their last 10 games. The Padres have hit 12 over their last 10.
- Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Florida State Seminoles ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Chicago State Cougars at East Tennessee State Buccaneers Betting Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Toledo Rockets vs. FGCU Eagles Free Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Boise State Broncos vs. Creighton Bluejays ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- California Baptist Lancers at Nevada Wolf Pack Free Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns vs. Colorado State Rams ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Temple Owls vs. VCU Rams Odds Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Utah State Aggies vs. Saint Mary’s Gaels Betting Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Little Rock Trojans vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Rutgers Scarlet Knights Odds Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018