Los Angeles Dodgers at Miami Marlins Odds
Los Angeles (-170) is hosting this game as the favorite over Miami (+160) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this night game at 8 runs (+105 for the over and -125 for the under). Bettors can also wager on the game’s spread with the most recent runline odds sitting at -120 for the Dodgers -1.5 runs and +100 for the Marlins +1.5.
The Marlins are 15-26 SU and 20-20 ATS. They’ve lost 3.5 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 3.6 units against the spread (ATS). The Dodgers have gone 16-25 SU this year and are 13-27 ATS. Overall, the team’s lost 24.6 units for moneyline gamblers through the early portions of the year and 15.8 units ATS.
Marlins games have an over/under record of 20-20 so far in 2018. The Dodgers have an over/under record of 20-19-1.
The right-handed Walker Buehler will get the start for the visiting Dodgers. Buehler is 2-1 with a 1.64 ERA and 27 strikeouts. He’s 0-0 with five strikeouts and a 0.00 ERA against Miami this year.
The Marlins are turning to lefty Caleb Smith (2-4, 3.63 ERA), who’s got 53 strikeouts and 19 walks to his name as well as a 1.24 WHIP. Smith hasn’t faced the Dodgers yet this year and did not record a start against them in 2017.
Miami’s pitchers have allowed 5.3 runs per game overall this season as a unit. The club’s starters have an ERA of 4.74, a WHIP of 1.38 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.9. The bullpen has a 5.43 ERA, 1.51 WHIP and 9.7 K/9.
Miami’s offense has produced 3.5 runs per contest, including 4.3 per game over its last 10 games and 4.0 per game over its last five. The team has slashed .274/.335/.402 over its last five games and is 2-3 SU during that span.
The Marlins’ hitters have been led by Justin Bour, who is hitting .244/.379/.462 with eight home runs, 21 RBIs and 14 runs scored.
For the visiting squad, Los Angeles’ pitching staff allowed 4.3 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 3.52 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 9.87 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 4.57, along with a WHIP of 1.22.
Dodgers hitters have slashed .237/.320/.386 on their way to 4.2 runs scored per game in 2018, including 3.0 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 2.2 per game over the team’s last five outings (0-5 SU).
Los Angeles’ hitters have been led by Yasmani Grandal, who is hitting .270/.379/.492 with six home runs, 24 RBIs and 19 runs scored. He did not perform especially well against left-handed pitchers on the road last year. Across 48 such plate appearances, he maintained a slash line of .143/.250/.238 (compared to his overall season line of .247/.308/.459).
The Marlins took the previous game in this series by doubling up the Dodgers 4-2.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Miami Marlins MLB Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Dodgers, ATS Winner – Dodgers, O/U – OVER
The under has cashed in only two of Miami’s last seven games.
The Dodgers have hit 11 home runs in their last 10 games, including six over their last five.
Los Angeles has averaged 18.2 runs + hits + errors over its last 10 outings and 14.6 over its last five.
The Dodgers have lost eight of their last nine games SU.
- Oakland Golden Grizzlies at Hartford Hawks Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Howard Bison at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Canisius Golden Griffins at Elon Phoenix ATS Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Pacific Tigers vs. CSUN Matadors Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- South Dakota Coyotes at Colorado State Rams Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Cal State Fullerton Titans at San Francisco Dons Betting Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens vs. Stony Brook Seawolves Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Northeastern Huskies vs. Vermont Catamounts ATS Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Maine Black Bears at Duquesne Dukes ATS Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018