The Purdue Boilermakers advanced to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament after a 76-73 victory over the Butler Bulldogs on Sunday, March 18. The Boilermakers narrowly failed to cover the spread at -3.5, while the game went over the total of 143.5 points.
The Boilermakers made it to the Sweet 16 where they will take on the Texas Tech Red Raiders who defeated Florida in the Round of 32, and although Purdue should be considered as the slight favorite in that clash, despite Isaac Haas’ injury.
The odds for the tilt between Purdue and Texas Tech will be released by BetDSISportsbook in a few hours, and even though the Boilermakers are the No. 2 seeded team in the East Region, they will certainly have a tough job against the Red Raiders next Friday.
The Boilermakers maintained the calm head in the deciding moment last in the match to see off the resilient Bulldogs who nearly made an upset. Matt Painter’s side sealed the win thanks to Dakota Mathias’ late three-pointer that put them up by five points with just ten minutes to go, and in the end, Purdue’s better perimeter shooting played a huge part in this encounter.
Purdue shot 50% from the floor and hit 11 out of 24 attempts from downtown (45.8%), and although the teams were tied in other key segments, the Boilermakers hit five more threes.
Vincent Edwards led Purdue with 20 points and four rebounds; P.J. Thompson scored 14 points, Carsen Edwards chipped in with 13 points, while Mathias ended the tilt with 11 points, five boards, and four dimes.
Purdue’s odds to win the NCAA Tournament can be found at BetDSI and they are pegging the Boilermakers at +1250, which means that Matt Painter’s men are among the most serious contenders to lift the NCAA title this year, being ranked at the 6th place, according to odds. The Boilermakers’ next possible rivals Texas Tech (+4500) can be the dark horse of the competition.
- Philadelphia 76ers: How far they can go this year? - April 25, 2018
- NBA Playoffs Betting Odds: Philadelphia 76ers vs. Miami Heat Game 5 Recap - April 25, 2018
- How to Bet on the UEFA Europa League This Week - April 23, 2018
- How to Bet on the UEFA Champions League This Week - April 22, 2018
- NBA Playoffs Betting Odds: Miami Heat vs. Philadelphia 76ers Game 4 Recap - April 22, 2018
- Hot Streaks – Teams to Bet On In The MLS - April 20, 2018
- NBA Playoffs Recap: San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors - April 20, 2018
- NBA Playoffs Recap: Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves - April 19, 2018
- Steve Kerr: Steph Curry questionable to play in the second round of the NBA Playoffs - April 18, 2018
- NBA Playoffs Recap: Portland Trail Blazers vs. New Orleans Pelicans - April 18, 2018