The Purdue Boilermakers secured a comfortable victory in the first round of the NCAA Tournament East Region after a 74-48 thrashing of the Cal State Fullerton Titans on Friday, March 16. Purdue successfully covered the -20.5 spread, while the game went way under the total of 144.5 points.
The Boilermakers qualified for the Round of 32 where they will take on the winner of the matchup between Arkansas and Butler, and whoever gets a win in that tilt, should be considered as an underdog against Purdue on Sunday.
The odds for the clash between Purdue and Arkansas and Butler will be released by BetDSI Sportsbook in a few hours, and considering the opening round and easy win over Fullerton, the Boilermakers shouldn’t have problems to progress to the Sweet 16.
The Boilermakers controlled the tilt from the start and had a 9-point lead at intermission and performed even better in the offense in the second half, while the defense did its job pretty well.
Purdue shot 39% from the floor and hit nine out of 22 attempts from the perimeter, while they dominated the boards (44-34) and committed just nine turnovers in opposite to Fullerton’s 17. Also, Matt Painter’s squad made 19 free-throws, while they allowed only nine in return.
Purdue’s odds to win the NCAA Tournament can be found at BetDSI and they are pegging the Bulldogs at +1250, which means that Matt Painter’s side is among the favorites to lift the NCAA title this year. The Boilermakers’ next possible opponents Arkansas (+22000) and Butler (+20000) are not considered as serious contenders in this year’s tournament.
- NBA Betting: Top NBA Opening Week Bets - October 15, 2018
- RPI vs NET: What Are the Differences? - September 6, 2018
- NFL Teams With The Best and Worst Betting Home-Field Advantages - September 5, 2018
- 5 Tips for the Beginning Sports Bettor - September 4, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan Episode 6: The first over/under win total lines for the 2018-19 NBA season are already posted - July 20, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: France vs. Croatia Betting Preview and Free Pick - July 13, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Belgium vs. England Betting Preview and Free Pick - July 12, 2018
- Who Else Could Join LeBron James and Sign with Los Angeles Lakers this Summer? - July 12, 2018
- With LeBron James Moving to the West, What Teams Have the Highest Odds of Winning the Eastern Conference? - July 10, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Croatia vs. England Betting Preview and Free Pick - July 9, 2018