A high-scoring game should be expected when the Butler Bulldogs (12-6, 2-3 Big East) and the Marquette Golden Eagles (12-5, 3-2 Big East) battle at Hinkle Fieldhouse. The game is scheduled to get underway at 6:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Butler is a 4.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 158 points.
Marquette Golden Eagles vs. Butler Bulldogs ATS Prediction
The Golden Eagles will be looking for similar success after dismantling the No. 13 Seton Hall Pirates in their last matchup, 84-64. The Golden Eagles had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.5 (better than their season average of 14.8), while the Pirates had a free throw rate of 0.136 (below their season average of 0.252). With 31 points on 10-for-18 shooting, Andrew Rowsey was the game’s leading scorer.
In the Bulldogs’ last matchup, they were beaten by the No. 25 Creighton Bluejays, 85-74. One of Creighton’s biggest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 11-13 (84.6 percent), while the Bulldogs were just 6-9 (66.7 percent). Butler’s Kamar Baldwin contributed 15 points and eight rebounds in the contest.
Butler figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Bulldogs rank 70th in offensive efficiency, while the Golden Eagles rank 285th in defensive efficiency.
Baldwin has averaged 20.2 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks over the last five games for Butler.
After the Bulldogs won both contests against the Golden Eagles last season, these teams will meet for the first time this year. In the most recent contest, Butler won 68-65. Butler had a better free throw rate (0.176 vs. 0.083). Marquette, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 vs. 22.2).
Marquette Golden Eagles at Butler Bulldogs Betting Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Marquette, ATS Winner – Marquette, O/U – Over
Marquette ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (29.1) while Butler ranks 150th (21.8).
The Bulldogs rank 160th in rebounds per game (35.6) while the Golden Eagles rank 245th (32.4).
Marquette ranks 44th in assists per game (16.2) while Butler ranks 112th (14.2).
The Golden Eagles rank 47th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Bulldogs rank 91st (3.6).
Marquette ranks 34th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Butler ranks 39th (5.4).
The Golden Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 7.9 for the season.
During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 86.4 points per game (6.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 88.6 points per game (16.4 above their season average).
- Sacramento Kings vs. Memphis Grizzlies Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Phoenix Suns at Denver Nuggets Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- New York Knicks vs. Utah Jazz Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Indiana Pacers at Los Angeles Lakers Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Washington Wizards vs. Detroit Pistons Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Miami Heat at Brooklyn Nets Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Manhattan Jaspers Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Toronto Raptors Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. Davidson Wildcats Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Iona Gaels at Monmouth Hawks Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018