The Philadelphia 76ers (1-0) take on the Miami Heat (0-1) at Wells Fargo Center in game two of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, April 16, 2018, and will air on TNT.
The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 215.5 points with Philadelphia opening as a 7.5-point favorite.
Miami Heat vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Prediction
Olynyk recorded 26 points and seven rebounds in game one, in which the Heat lost 130-103, unable to cover as 5.5-point underdogs. The game finished with a total of 233 points, which was 19 points above the projected point total of 214 points. The 76ers had a much better turnover percentage (8.5 vs. 14.9) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.7 vs. 23.3).
This game should be a battle of conflicting paces. Philadelphia prefers an up-tempo style of play (fourth in possessions per game), while Miami is slower-paced (22nd in possessions per game). Additionally, the Heat rank 21st in offensive efficiency (105.2), while the 76ers rank third in defensive efficiency (102.7).
Miami heads into the contest with records of 44-39 straight up (SU) and 41-38-4 against the spread (ATS). A little over half of the Heat’s games have finished under the projected point total.
Meanwhile, Philadelphia is 53-30 SU and 49-34 ATS. In opposition of Miami, just over half of 76ers games have finished over the projected point total.
Marco Belinelli has averaged 18.0 points and 1.4 steals over the last five games for Philadelphia.
Miami Heat vs. Philadelphia 76ers Free Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Over
On the road, Miami is 24-16-2 ATS with 21 unders, 20 overs and 1 push.
At home, Philadelphia is 28-13 ATS with 21 unders, 19 overs and 1 push.
When allowing less than 100 points, Philadelphia is 22-0 and Miami is 27-6.
In games where they reach 100 points, the Heat are 32-19 and the 76ers are 50-18.
Philadelphia ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.8) while Miami ranks 23rd (11.2).
The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (47.5) while the Heat rank 18th (43.4).
Miami ranks 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.7) while Philadelphia ranks 27th (18.3).
The 76ers rank second in assists per game (27.2) while the Heat rank 16th (22.7).
Miami ranks 13th in steals allowed per game (7.5) while Philadelphia ranks 26th (8.4).
The Heat rank sixth in blocks per game (5.3) while the 76ers rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
Philadelphia ranks 16th in fast break points per game (11.4) while Miami ranks 26th (9.3).
The Heat rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (30.5) while the 76ers rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (29.6).
Philadelphia ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.5) while Miami ranks seventh (43.5).
In their last five games, Miami is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
Philadelphia is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under over their last five games.
The Heat have been outscored by an average of 7.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Miami has defeated opponents by an average of 0.1 points.
During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 124.4 points per game (14.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.6 points per game (2.3 above their season average).
- New Mexico Lobos at UNLV Runnin’ Rebels ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Ole Miss Rebels vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats at Butler Bulldogs Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Clemson Tigers at Florida State Seminoles Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Texas A&M Aggies at Florida Gators Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Kansas State Wildcats Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Mississippi State Bulldogs at Kentucky Wildcats Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Buffalo Bulls at Northern Illinois Huskies ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Indiana Hoosiers at Northwestern Wildcats Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Duke Blue Devils at Pittsburgh Panthers Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019