The No. 19 Clemson Tigers (14-2, 3-1 ACC) will try to extend a seven-game home winning streak when they clash with the No. 18 Miami Hurricanes (13-2, 2-1 ACC) at Littlejohn Coliseum. The game starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and will air on ESPNU.
Miami Hurricanes vs. Clemson Tigers Betting Prediction
In the Hurricanes’ last game, they beat the No. 24 Florida State Seminoles, 80-74. One of Miami’s biggest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They made 32 trips to the line, six more than Florida State. Dewan Huell had a good outing for Miami, recording 20 points and eight rebounds.
The Tigers lost a tough one against the North Carolina State Wolfpack in their last game, 78-77. North Carolina State’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over Clemson. The Wolfpack had a rate of 5.0 (better than their season average of 14.4), while the Tigers posted a mark of 21.3 (above their season average of 15.9). With 16 points and nine rebounds, Donte Grantham had a good performance for Clemson.
This meeting figures to be low-scoring as two of the NCAA’s premier defenses go head-to-head. Clemson currently ranks 28th in defensive efficiency (93.5) and Miami is fourth (87.0). Furthermore, the Hurricanes, who rank 319th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.185), could struggle to get to the line against the Tigers, who rank 12th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.163).
Grantham has averaged 12.8 points, 10.2 rebounds and 1.2 steals over the last five games for Clemson.
After the Hurricanes won the sole contest against the Tigers last season, 71-65, these teams will go head-to-head for the first time this year. Miami had a better free throw rate (0.161 vs. 0.136). Clemson, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.1 vs. 28.1).
Miami Hurricanes vs. Clemson Tigers ATS Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Miami, ATS Winner – Miami, O/U – Over
Clemson ranks 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Miami ranks 91st (6.3).
Both of these teams are great at blocking the ball. The Tigers are 18th in the nation with 5.6 blocks per game while the Hurricanes are 44th with 4.5 blocks per game.
Miami is 15th in the nation with 10.2 assists allowed per game while Clemson is 24th with 10.7 assists allowed per game.
The Hurricanes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 13.9 for the season.
During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (3.4 above their season average).
- Boston Red Sox vs. Toronto Blue Jays Free Preview 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Washington Nationals at San Francisco Giants Matchup 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Minnesota Twins vs. New York Yankees Matchup 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Philadelphia Phillies Matchup 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Miami Marlins at Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels at Houston Astros Free Pick 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Kansas City Royals Matchup 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- San Diego Padres vs. Colorado Rockies Matchup 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Detroit Tigers vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Free Pick 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Oakland Athletics vs. Texas Rangers Matchup 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018