In the second of a three-game series between the Arizona Diamondbacks (44-65) and the Milwaukee Brewers (48-59) at Chase Field, Patrick Corbin (4-10, 5.30 ERA) and Matt Garza (2-4, 5.32 ERA) get the start. The Diamondbacks won the last game 3-2, and Arizona leads the series 1-0. The game starts at 8:10 p.m. ET on Saturday, Aug. 6 and will air on FSAZ and FSWI.
In his most recent outing, Corbin pitched 5.1 innings, giving up six runs (three unearned), striking out six and walking three in a 14-3 loss to the Dodgers. Jake Lamb (.280, 55 Rs, 23 HRs, 69 RBIs, 4 SBs) went 1 for 5 yesterday. The Brewers were victorious the last time Garza pitched. He had a good outing, pitching 5.0 innings, allowing two, striking out five and walking one in a 4-2 victory over the Pirates.
Arizona is a -120 favorite in this game and the Over/Under (O/U) is nine runs. The Diamondbacks are 20-23 as the favorite and have an overall money line of -2,115. The Diamondbacks rank third in the NL in hits with 9.1 per game. Arizona’s pitching staff will be looking to pick it up in this one after recent struggles. The Diamondbacks have given up an average of 8.0 runs to opponents in their last 10 games, above their season average of 5.5 runs per game.
Switching gears, the Brewers come into this game with a win percentage of .416 when playing as the underdog (32-45) and an overall money line of -298. Over the past 10 matchups, the team is 7-3 SU and has played well as the underdog with a 3-1 record. Milwaukee is a terror on the base paths, with an MLB-best 110 stolen bases.
In their previous five games this season, the Brewers have a 3-2 record. The Diamondbacks will take on a right-hander (Garza) in this game. They have done very poorly against right-handed starting pitchers this season (29-50), especially at home where they have a 12-31 record. The left-handed Corbin will take the mound against the Brewers, who have a 20-14 record against lefty starters this season.
Predictions: SU Winner – ARI, O/U – Over
Arizona is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games.
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona’s last 5 games.
The total has gone OVER in 13 of Arizona’s last 16 games at home.
Arizona is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home.
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona’s last 7 games when playing at home against Milwaukee.
For the 14th time this season, the Diamondbacks registered at least two errors in a game.
The Diamondbacks managed to give up seven walks in their last game. They’ll have to pick it up against the Brewers who are coming in with an 8-8 record against opponents who give up that many walks or more.
When they are outhit, the Brewers are 8-48. The Diamondbacks have an 8-47 record when opponents outhit them.
Ranking 21st in home runs, Milwaukee has hit 114 this season. Arizona ranks 17th with 122 home runs.
Ranking 13th, Milwaukee is in the top half of the league in hits, notching 8.07 per game. Arizona ranks in the top five at third with 9.11.
Ranking 20th, Milwaukee is in the bottom half of the league for its on-base plus slugging percentage (.724). Arizona ranks in the top half at 13th with an OPS of .746.
When the Brewers allow at least one home run, they are 28-44, well-matched with the Diamondbacks who are 20-54 when allowing at least one homer.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019