In the 2 game of their NL Central doubleheader, the Milwaukee Brewers are set to face off against the Pittsburgh Pirates at PNC Park. Fox Sports Net Wisconsin will broadcast the matchup and the first pitch is scheduled for 4:05 p.m. ET.
Milwaukee Brewers vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Odds
The Pirates are 45-49 straight up (SU) and 43-50 against the spread (ATS). The team’s lost 7.8 units for moneyline bettors and 9.7 units (ATS). The Brewers have gone 55-40 SU this year and are 50-44 ATS. Overall, the team’s accumulated 13.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 5.0 units ATS.
Pirates games have an over/under record of 44-42-7 so far in 2018. The Brewers have been a decent under bet with a total record of 41-50-3.
Brent Suter will get the nod for the visiting Brewers. The southpaw Suter is 8-5 with a 4.53 ERA and 78 strikeouts. He’s 0-0 with a 0.00 ERA against Pittsburgh this year.
The Pirates are handing the ball to righty Clay Holmes (0-1, 7.11 ERA), who has four punchouts and six walks to his credit, as well as a WHIP of 2.05. Holmes hasn’t faced the Brewers yet this year and did not pitch in the majors in 2017.
As a unit, Pittsburgh’s pitching staff has given up 4.7 runs per game overall this year. Its starters have a 4.37 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 4.37 ERA, 1.41 WHIP and 9.9 K/9. In 36 games against divisional foes, Pirates starters have an ERA of 3.30 and the bullpen’s ERA is 4.11.
The Pittsburgh offense has produced 4.4 runs per outing, including 4.6 per game against divisional foes and 4.4 per game over its last five. The team has a slash-line of .272/.350/.418 over its last five games and is 4-1 SU during that span.
Corey Dickerson has helped lead the Pirates’ offense this year with six home runs, 35 RBIs and 38 runs scored.
For the visitors, Milwaukee’s pitchers have allowed 3.8 runs per game and its starters own a 3.92 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 7.81 K/9. The bullpen has a solid ERA of just 3.17, along with a K-per-9 of 10.16.
The Brewers offense has slashed .244/.317/.410 on its way to 4.4 runs scored per game this year, including 3.1 runs per game against divisional foes and 4.2 per game over the team’s last five contests (1-4 SU).
Christian Yelich has led Milwaukee’s offense and is slashing .285/.359/.452 with 11 home runs, 42 RBIs, 58 runs and 12 stolen bases.
The Pirates just took the previous game in this series by a final tally of seven runs to three.
Milwaukee Brewers vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Pirates, ATS Winner – Brewers, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in just two of Milwaukee’s last seven games.
The Brewers have hit 15 home runs in their last 10 games. The Pirates have hit six over their last 10.
Pittsburgh has recorded 21.2 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 21.6 over its last five.
The Brewers have lost four of their last five games SU while the Pirates have taken five of their last six.
- Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians Free Pick 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Kansas City Royals vs. Detroit Tigers Betting Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees Free Pick 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Toronto Blue Jays Free Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins Free Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Philadelphia Phillies at Atlanta Braves Free Pick 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- New York Mets at Washington Nationals Free Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels vs. Oakland Athletics Betting Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Baltimore Orioles Betting Preview 09/19/18 - September 19, 2018
- St. Louis Cardinals at Atlanta Braves Betting Preview 09/19/18 - September 19, 2018