The tenth weekend of the Major League Soccer is ahead of us, as eleven games are scheduled to be played, so we will take a closer look at the most intriguing betting trends in the league at the moment, and provide you some betting tips and predictions for the most interesting matches of this round. The last year’s finalists Toronto FC and Seattle Sounders both made a slow start of the new season, while some new faces are on the run, so plenty of excitements are guaranteed this weekend in the MLS.
MLS BETTING TRENDS
- 55 out of 87 games so far had at least three goals in the total
- 49 out of 87 matches saw both teams score
- The home team won 51 out of 87 games thus far
- The defending champions Toronto FC won just one out of their first six games
- The defending vice-champions Seattle Sounders also won one out of their first six matches
- Atlanta United is unbeaten in seven straight games
- Orlando City won five matches in a row
TORONTO FC vs. PHILADELPHIA UNION
3-Way: 1: Toronto FC -185; X: +325 Draw; 2: Philadelphia Union +520 at BetDSI Sportsbook
Spread -1: Toronto FC -108; Philadelphia Union -104
Total +3: Over +100; Under -115
The defending champions Toronto FC had a slow start of the season, winning just one out of their first six games, while on last weekend they played a 2-2 draw against Chicago Fire at home, despite a 2-0 lead after the first 45 minutes of the match. Toronto FC finished their CONCACAF Champions League journey losing to Mexican side Guadalajara on penalties in the Final, so now they can completely focus on the MLS.
Philadelphia Union has won only one out of their last five encounters along with one draw and three losses, while they’ve lost both matches on the road so far without scoring a single goal. The visitors are big underdogs in this clash, and the hosts should get a victory to finally move from the bottom of the Eastern Conference table.
MY PICK: Toronto FC AH -1 (-108)
SEATTLE SOUNDERS vs. COLUMBUS CREW
3-Way: 1: Seattle Sounders -120; X: +270 Draw; 2: Columbus Crew +315 at BetDSI Sportsbook
Spread -0.5: Seattle Sounders -120; Columbus Crew +100
Total +2.5: Over -125; Under +105
The Sounders started the season with three consecutive defeats, while in the previous three rounds of the MLS they’ve recorded one win, one draw, and one loss against Los Angeles FC 1-0 on the road. It seems like they are building up their form, so the clash against Columbus Crew should be a proper test of their current abilities. Clint Dempsey is back on the pitch after a red card suspension, and his presence should be a huge boost for the Sounders.
On the other side, Columbus Crew has beaten San Jose Earthquakes 2-1 in the previous round of the MLS, putting an end to a four-game winless streak. The Black and Gold won 3-0 the last season’s head-to-head meeting at home, so this game promises plenty of excitements, while the hosts will certainly look for a payback.
MY PICK: Seattle Sounders to Win (-120)
CHICAGO FIRE vs. ATLANTA UNITED
3-Way: 1: Chicago Fire +190; X: +260 Draw; 2: Atlanta United +140 at BetDSI Sportsbook
Spread 0: Chicago Fire +115; Atlanta United -130
Total +3: Over +100; Under -115
Atlanta United is playing in a tremendous form recently, and after a 4-0 defeat against Houston Dynamo in the opening game of the season, the Five Stripes have recorded six wins and one stalemate with a 21:5 goal difference. They are currently in the second spot of the Eastern Conference table, one point behind New York City, and at the moment it seems like this could be their season.
On the other side, Chicago Fire hasn’t impressed the fans so far, recording two wins, two draws, and three losses in their first seven matches of the season. They are currently in the seventh spot of the Eastern Conference table, eleven points behind Atlanta United, so Men in Red will surely want to win this clash and cut a deficit a bit. The fans can expect a great game at Toyota Park, while I look after Chicago Fire’s victory.
MY PICK: Chicago Fire to Win (+190)
ORLANDO CITY vs. REAL SALT LAKE
3-Way: 1: Orlando City -140; X: +300 Draw; 2: Real Salt Lake +350 at BetDSI Sportsbook
Spread -0.5: Orlando City -140; Real Salt Lake +115
Total +3: Over -115; Under +100
Orlando City is playing in a magnificent form at the moment, winning five games in a row including a 2-1 victory over Colorado Rapids in the previous round. The Lions have managed to score at least two goals in each of these five victories while keeping their net intact on one occasion, and they will have a great chance to maintain their streak against Real Salt Lake who’s still winless on the road.
In four matches away from home, Real Salt Lake has recorded one stalemate and three defeats with a terrible 2:10 goal difference, but the Claret and Cobalt have managed to win three games at home, so they certainly possess a quality to upset the Lions. However, Real Salt Lake is well-known as a team who’s much better on the home soil than on the road, so it will be interesting to see how they’ll cope with in-form Orlando City. The bookies expect to see an open-flow clash, and they set the market on both teams to score at -190.
MY PICK: Over 3 Goals (-115)
- 2018 World Cup Odds: France vs. Croatia Betting Preview and Free Pick - July 13, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Belgium vs. England Betting Preview and Free Pick - July 12, 2018
- Who Else Could Join LeBron James and Sign with Los Angeles Lakers this Summer? - July 12, 2018
- With LeBron James Moving to the West, What Teams Have the Highest Odds of Winning the Eastern Conference? - July 10, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Croatia vs. England Betting Preview and Free Pick - July 9, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: France vs. Belgium Betting Preview and Free Pick - July 8, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Russia vs. Croatia Betting Preview and Free Pick - July 5, 2018
- 2018 WNBA Odds: Los Angeles Sparks vs. Minnesota Lynx Betting Preview and Free Pick - July 5, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Sweden vs. England Betting Preview and Free Pick - July 4, 2018
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Winners Odds Update For the Quarter-Finals - July 4, 2018