On the latest edition of the World Tour Soccer Podcast, host Ej Garr gets everyone ready for opening weekend of MLS. This will be the 20th season for the U.S league, with two teams making their much-anticipated debut.
The League also inked an eight-year television deal with ESPN, Fox and Univision to provide MLS fans an unprecedented amount of games each week. The new deal will also affect the schedule at the end of the regular season. Everything you need to know about watching MLS will be explained on the show.
Also, how will these new deals contribute to the rise of soccer in the states and will more Americans start to pay attention to their own league, rather than just get on board for a month or two every four years when the World Cup rolls around?
We also run down the favorites to take home the MLS Cup odds. Will L.A. Galaxy take the title again or will we see a new champ reign?
The NASL is also on the verge of beginning the spring session, and have also added franchises with more to come on the horizon. The league currently has only 11 teams, and league commissioner Bill Peterson has stated that he hopes to see 18 – 20 teams in the league by 2018.
We take a tour of Europe as well, with stops in Italy, Spain, and England, and an honorable mention of German Bundesliga.
Make sure you wish our host a very happy birthday today, and don’t forget to catch our NCAA Hoops show this week too, especially with the madness of March about to hit the sports world!
- Get More Sportscast – February 2 - February 2, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – February 1 - February 1, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 31 - January 31, 2018
- Get More Sportcast – January 30 - January 30, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 29 - January 29, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 26 - January 26, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 25 - January 25, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 24 - January 24, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 23 - January 23, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 22 - January 22, 2018