The New England Patriots (-2.5) are traveling south to battle the Jacksonville Jaguars at EverBank Field. This late afternoon matchup is scheduled to kick off at 4:25 p.m. ET and fans can view the action live on CBS.
New England Patriots at Jacksonville Jaguars Betting Preview
In this Sunday AFC game, New England is projected as the favorite and is currently giving up 2.5 points. The Patriots are also receiving -140 moneyline odds while the Jaguars are +120. Multiple good live betting possibilities might be unveiled during this game, and oddsmakers have determined the over/under (O/U) to be 45 points.
The game’s total has been driven lower after originally being set at 45.5. The opening spread (2.5) has stayed consistent.
The Patriots have gained 1.0 unit so far in 2018 and are 1-0 against the spread (ATS). The team’s recorded an Over-Under mark of 0-1. The Jaguars are up 1.0 unit this season. The team is 1-0 ATS and also has an O/U record of 0-1.
The Patriots are 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Jaguars are also 1-0 SU.
The Patriots are hoping to stay unbeaten following a 27-20 win over Houston in Week 1. Tom Brady completed 26-of-39 passes for 277 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. Rex Burkhead (64 rushing yards on 18 attempts) led the ground attack while Rob Gronkowski (seven receptions, 123 yards, one TD) and Phillip Dorsett (seven catches, 66 yards, one TD) handled the receiving duties in the win.
Jacksonville just picked up a 20-15 win over the Giants a week ago. Blake Bortles completed 18-of-33 passes for 176 yards, one touchdown and one interception. T.J. Yeldon (51 rushing yards on 14 attempts) handled the running game as Dede Westbrook (five receptions, 51 yards) and Keelan Cole (three catches, 54 yards) led the receiving corps in the win..
When these two squads met a year ago, New England emerged victorious by a final score of 24-20.
NFL Pick: New England Patriots at Jacksonville Jaguars
SU Winner – Jaguars, ATS Winner – Jaguars, O/U – Under
Team Betting Notes
New England was favored by 7 points in its last game and the O/U was 49. The under cashed and New England covered in the 27-20 victory over Houston.
The Jacksonville offense has lost zero fumbles this season while New England has lost two.
In its last three matches, New England is 1-2 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
Jacksonville was the underdog by 3 points in its previous game and the Over/Under was 42.5. The under cashed and Jacksonville covered in the 20-15 victory over the Giants.
In its last three matchups, Jacksonville is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
The Patriots created 16 rushing touchdowns last season.
The Jaguars put up 18 rushing touchdowns last season.
The Patriots logged 4.2 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.7 to opponents.
The Jaguars registered 4.3 yards per carry last season and allowed 4.3 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
The Patriots put up 32 passing touchdowns last season.
The Jaguars put up 21 passing touchdowns last season.
The New England D has three sacks on the year while Jacksonville has two.
- St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. Massachusetts Minutemen Odds Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Lehigh Mountain Hawks at Navy Midshipmen ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Abilene Christian Wildcats at Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Sam Houston State Bearkats at Northwestern State Demons ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Holy Cross Crusaders at Army West Point Black Knights Betting Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Nicholls Colonels at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- UMBC Retrievers at Vermont Catamounts Betting Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- FIU Golden Panthers vs. Florida Atlantic Owls Free Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Lafayette Leopards vs. Colgate Raiders Odds Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- South Dakota Coyotes vs. North Dakota Fighting Hawks ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019