Anders Lee, Josh Bailey, and the New York Islanders will do battle against Nikita Kucherov, Brayden Point, and the Tampa Bay Lightning at Amalie Arena in an Eastern Conference showdown. MSG Network will broadcast the matchup, and the opening face-off is at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 8.
New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning Odds
Tampa Bay (-215) is currently the favorite over New York (+180) and the Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 6 goals. The line for betting that total stands at -120 for the over and +100 for the under.
Tampa Bay is 11-4 straight up (SU) and has earned 4.3 units for moneyline bettors this season. That winning percentage, ranked second in the NHL in this young season, is fairly close to the 54-28 record the team posted during last year’s regular season campaign. Of its 15 regular season contests, eight have gone under the total, while seven have gone over and none have pushed. The team is 6-2 SU at home thus far.
The Lightning have been able to convert on 25.5 percent of their power play chances this season, a figure that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked third overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 89.3 percent of all penalties.
With a .935 save percentage and 29.0 saves per game, Andrei Vasilevskiy (eight wins, three losses, and one OT loss) has been the best goalkeeper for the Bolts this season. If head coach Jon Cooper chooses to rest him, however, the team might turn to Louis Domingue (3-1-1 record, .885 save percentage, 3.77 goals against average).
Over on the visiting bench, New York is 8-6 straight up (SU) and has netted moneyline bettors 5.9 units this season. A total of eight of its games have gone under the total, while six have gone over and none have pushed. As the away team , the Islanders are 5-3 SU.
The Islanders have converted on 20.5 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 21st overall and it’s successfully killed off 77.3 percent of all penalties.
Thomas Greiss (26.2 saves per game) has been the primary choice in goal for New York. Greiss owns a 6-3-1 record, and has registered a .940 save percentage and 1.98 goals against average this year.
New York Islanders at Tampa Bay Lightning Free Picks
NHL Pick: SU Winner – Lightning, O/U – Under
For both of these teams, the total has gone over in three of their last five outings.
New York has managed 24.8 shot attempts per game over its last five road games while Tampa Bay is averaging 36.0 shots per game over its last five at home.
Six of New York’s last ten games have been decided by two goals or more. The team is 4-2 in those games.
New York skaters created 22.1 hits per game last season, while the Lightning accounted for 22.6 hits per matchup.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- San Diego State Aztecs vs. Fresno State Bulldogs Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Bowling Green Falcons at Eastern Michigan Eagles ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Ball State Cardinals Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Akron Zips Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Boise State Broncos vs. Air Force Falcons ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Wichita State Shockers vs. South Florida Bulls Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Western Michigan Broncos vs. Ohio Bobcats ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Minnesota Golden Gophers at Michigan Wolverines Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019