Anders Lee, Josh Bailey, and the New York Islanders will do battle against Nikita Kucherov, Brayden Point, and the Tampa Bay Lightning at Amalie Arena in an Eastern Conference showdown. MSG Network will broadcast the matchup, and the opening face-off is at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 8.
New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning Odds
Tampa Bay (-215) is currently the favorite over New York (+180) and the Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 6 goals. The line for betting that total stands at -120 for the over and +100 for the under.
Tampa Bay is 11-4 straight up (SU) and has earned 4.3 units for moneyline bettors this season. That winning percentage, ranked second in the NHL in this young season, is fairly close to the 54-28 record the team posted during last year’s regular season campaign. Of its 15 regular season contests, eight have gone under the total, while seven have gone over and none have pushed. The team is 6-2 SU at home thus far.
The Lightning have been able to convert on 25.5 percent of their power play chances this season, a figure that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked third overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 89.3 percent of all penalties.
With a .935 save percentage and 29.0 saves per game, Andrei Vasilevskiy (eight wins, three losses, and one OT loss) has been the best goalkeeper for the Bolts this season. If head coach Jon Cooper chooses to rest him, however, the team might turn to Louis Domingue (3-1-1 record, .885 save percentage, 3.77 goals against average).
Over on the visiting bench, New York is 8-6 straight up (SU) and has netted moneyline bettors 5.9 units this season. A total of eight of its games have gone under the total, while six have gone over and none have pushed. As the away team , the Islanders are 5-3 SU.
The Islanders have converted on 20.5 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 21st overall and it’s successfully killed off 77.3 percent of all penalties.
Thomas Greiss (26.2 saves per game) has been the primary choice in goal for New York. Greiss owns a 6-3-1 record, and has registered a .940 save percentage and 1.98 goals against average this year.
New York Islanders at Tampa Bay Lightning Free Picks
NHL Pick: SU Winner – Lightning, O/U – Under
For both of these teams, the total has gone over in three of their last five outings.
New York has managed 24.8 shot attempts per game over its last five road games while Tampa Bay is averaging 36.0 shots per game over its last five at home.
Six of New York’s last ten games have been decided by two goals or more. The team is 4-2 in those games.
New York skaters created 22.1 hits per game last season, while the Lightning accounted for 22.6 hits per matchup.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019