In the 2018 season opener, the Detroit Lions (-7) and the New York Jets (+7) are preparing to square off indoors at Ford Field. This Monday Night Football game kicks off at 7:10 p.m. ET and ESPN will showcase the action.
New York Jets at Detroit Lions Betting Preview
New York is the road underdog in this matchup and is currently receiving 7 points. The Jets are also receiving +220 moneyline odds while the Lions are -260. It appears that there will likely be multiple good in-game betting possibilities for this match, and Vegas has determined the over/under (O/U) to be 44.5 points.
The game’s total has swung up after opening at 44. The original line hasn’t shifted.
The Jets finished 5-11 straight-up (SU) last season while the Lions posted a winning 9-7 SU record in 2017. Against conference opponents, the Jets were 5-7 SU and the Lions were 8-4 SU against National Football Conference squads. The Jets were 0-4 SU against NFC teams while the Lions were 1-3 SU against non-conference teams.
The Jets averaged 208 passing yards per game and 114 rushing yards per game versus their 12 AFC opponents last year. They managed to score 18.5 points per game against those opponents while giving up 23.0 per contest. When facing non-conference teams, they averaged 19.0 points and 26.5 points-allowed, along with 251 pass yards per game and 83 rush yards per contest.
In matchups featuring out-of-conference competition, the Lions passed for 298 yards per game and rushed for 85 per game on their way to 22.5 points per outing. When facing just NFC opponents, the offense managed 26.7 points per game by averaging 273 passing yards and 73 rushing yards. The Lions defense allowed 28.5 PPG to non-conference foes and 21.8 to teams in conference in 2017..
Free Betting Pick: New York Jets vs. Detroit Lions
SU Winner – Jets, ATS Winner – Jets, O/U – Over
Team Betting Notes
The Jets created 13 rushing touchdowns last season.
The Lions put up 10 rushing touchdowns last season.
The Jets logged 4.0 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.0 to opponents.
The Lions tallied 3.4 yards per carry last season and gave up a YPC of 4.2 to opponents.
The Jets offensive line yielded 47 sacks last season. Their defense created 28 sacks.
The Lions offense allowed 47 sacks last season. Their defense recorded 35 sacks
The Jets recorded 19 passing touchdowns last season.
The Lions logged 29 passing touchdowns last season.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019