New York Mets at Atlanta Braves Odds
Atlanta (+110) is coming into this one as the underdog to New York (-120) and Vegas has the Over/Under for this game at 8 runs. The odds for wagering on the game’s total stand at -120 for the under and +100 for the over. Bettors can also wager on the game’s spread with the current runline odds sitting at +125 for the Mets -1.5 runs and -145 for the Braves +1.5.
The Mets have gone 28-35 SU this year and are 28-33 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 9.1 units for gamblers taking the moneyline and 6.0 units ATS. The Braves, on the other hand, are 38-28 SU and 35-29 ATS. They’ve gained 14.1 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 3.8 units ATS.
Braves games have had an over/under record of 30-31-3 so far in 2018. New York has been a decent under bet with a total record of 25-35-1.
Jacob deGrom is getting the nod for New York. The right-handed deGrom is 4-1 with a 1.57 ERA and 106 strikeouts. He’s 0-0 with 24 strikeouts and a 0.50 ERA against Atlanta this year (three starts).
The Braves are putting the ball in the hands of Mike Soroka (1-1, 3.68 ERA, 1.70 WHIP), who has 15 punchouts and four walks. Soroka is 1-0 with five strikeouts and a 1.50 ERA against New York this year.
Atlanta’s pitching staff has allowed 4.0 runs per game overall this year as a unit. Its starters have a 3.47 ERA, 1.28 WHIP and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 3.88 ERA, 1.32 WHIP and 9.3 K/9. In 40 games against NL East foes, Braves starters have an ERA of 2.90 and the bullpen’s ERA is 2.93.
Atlanta’s offense has produced 5.0 runs per outing, including 5.2 per game against divisional foes and 3.8 per game over its last five. The team has a slash-line of .244/.282/.423 over its last five matchups and is 2-3 SU during that span.
Right fielder Nick Markakis and first baseman Freddie Freeman have led the Braves’ batters this year. Markakis is hitting .333/.393/.500 with eight home runs, 44 RBIs and 41 runs scored, and Freeman’s line sits at .341/.434/.579 with 13 homers, 46 RBIs, 43 runs and six steals.
For the visitors, New York’s pitching staff allowed 4.4 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 3.82 ERA, 1.27 WHIP and 9.47 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 4.51, along with a WHIP of 1.27.
Mets hitters have slashed .228/.308/.372 on their way to 3.8 runs scored per game this year, including 3.9 runs per game against divisional foes and 1.6 per game over the team’s last five contests (1-4 SU).
Second baseman Asdrubal Cabrera and shortstop Amed Rosario have paced New York’s hitters. Cabrera is slashing .278/.318/.490 with 11 home runs, 36 RBIs and 31 runs scored, while Rosario is slashing .240/.271/.348 with three homers, 18 RBIs and 23 runs scored.
The Braves have gained 9.9 units and are 26-17 ATS when facing a righty starter. The over has hit in 18 of those games, compared to 22 that’ve gone under.
New York Mets vs. Atlanta Braves MLB Tip
Predictions: SU Winner – Braves, ATS Winner – Braves, O/U – UNDER
The under has hit in only two of Atlanta’s last seven games.
New York has recorded 10.7 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 10.8 over its last five.
The Mets have hit seven home runs in their last 10 games, including four over their last five.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019