New York Mets vs. Miami Marlins Odds
Oddsmakers are listing New York (-115) as the favorite over Miami (+105). Bettors can wager on the game’s total with odds sitting at -110 for over 7.5 runs and -110 for under 7.5. Bettors can also wager on the game’s runline with the most recent odds standing at Mets -1.5 runs (+130) and Marlins +1.5 runs (-150).
The Mets are 46-64 SU and have gone 51-60 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 21.1 units for moneyline gamblers and 15.3 units ATS. The Marlins, on the other hand, are 47-67 SU and 60-56 ATS. The team has lost 0.1 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 9.6 units ATS.
Marlins games have had an over/under record of 58-55-3 in 2018. The Mets have been a decent under bet with a total record of 48-58-5.
Right-hander Zack Wheeler is the projected starter for the visiting Mets. Wheeler is 6-6 with a 3.89 ERA and 125 strikeouts. He’s 1-1 with 16 strikeouts and a 1.38 ERA against Miami this year (two starts).
The Marlins are sending righty Jose Urena (3-11, 4.66 ERA) to the mound. Urena has 101 strikeouts and 36 walks to his name, as well as a WHIP of 1.26. Urena is 0-1 with four strikeouts and a 5.40 ERA in one start against New York this year.
As a unit, Miami’s pitching staff has yielded 5.1 runs per game overall this year. Its starters have a 4.55 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 5.15 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 8.2 K/9. In 44 games against divisional foes, Marlins starters have an ERA of 4.47 and the bullpen’s ERA is 6.92.
Miami’s hitters have put up 3.8 runs per contest, including 3.7 per game against divisional foes and 2.2 per game over their last five. The team has a slash-line of .199/.223/.335 over its last five games and is 1-4 SU during that span.
The Marlins’ offense has been led by second baseman Starlin Castro and third baseman Brian Anderson. Castro is slashing .289/.336/.408 with nine home runs, 41 RBIs and 64 runs scored, while Anderson’s line is .288/.368/.420 with nine homers, 53 RBIs and 63 runs.
In the other dugout, New York’s pitchers have allowed 4.7 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 4.05 ERA, 1.26 WHIP and 9.01 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 4.93, along with a WHIP of 1.26.
Mets hitters have slashed .229/.310/.379 on their way to 3.9 runs scored per game in 2018, including 3.5 runs per game against divisional foes and 3.2 per game over the team’s last five contests (2-3 SU).
Second baseman Asdrubal Cabrera and outfielder Michael Conforto continue to lead New York’s offense. Cabrera is hitting .277/.329/.488 with 18 home runs, 58 RBIs and 48 runs scored, while Conforto (.235/.350/.397) has produced 14 homers, 39 RBIs and 45 runs scored.
The Mets have lost 13.8 units and are 38-45 ATS when facing a righty starter this season. The over has hit in 36 of those games, compared to 42 that’ve gone under in such games. On the other hand, the Marlins have netted 2.1 units and are 42-44 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher. The over’s hit in 42 of those games, as opposed to 41 that’ve cashed the under.
New York Mets vs. Miami Marlins Free MLB Tip
Predictions: SU Winner – Marlins, ATS Winner – Marlins, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in five of Miami’s last seven games.
New York has posted 18.2 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 games and 20.0 over its last five.
The Mets have hit 11 home runs in their last 10 games. The Marlins have hit eight over their last 10.
- Western Illinois Leathernecks vs. Northern Illinois Huskies Odds Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- Northern Colorado Bears vs. New Mexico State Aggies Free Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- North Dakota State Bison at Montana Grizzlies Betting Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- SIUE Cougars vs. Drake Bulldogs Free Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- Ball State Cardinals at Valparaiso Crusaders ATS Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- UIW Cardinals vs. UIC Flames Odds Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- California Baptist Lancers at Southeastern Louisiana Lions Odds Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- Seattle Redhawks at Portland Pilots Odds Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- Pepperdine Waves vs. Oregon State Beavers Odds Preview 12/17/18 - December 16, 2018
- Chicago State Cougars vs. Northwestern Wildcats Betting Preview 12/17/18 - December 16, 2018