The Milwaukee Brewers will go for their fourth win in a row when they play host to the New York Mets at Miller Park. The game gets underway 8:10 p.m. ET and Fox Sports Net Wisconsin is in line to televise this NL matchup.
New York Mets vs. Milwaukee Brewers Odds
New York (+135) is entering this one as the underdog against Milwaukee (-145) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this night game at 8.5 runs. The odds for wagering on the game’s total stand at -115 for the over and -105 for the under. Bettors can also wager on the game’s runline with the odds sitting at -160 for the Mets +1.5 runs and +140 for the Brewers -1.5.
The Brewers are 31-19 SU and 29-20 ATS. They’ve gained 13.7 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 6.8 units against the spread (ATS). The Mets have gone 24-21 SU this year and are 21-23 ATS. In total, the team’s accumulated 2.0 units for moneyline gamblers, but have lost 1.1 units ATS.
Milwaukee games have an over/under record of 18-29-2 so far in 2018. The Mets have an over/under record of 20-23-1.
Steven Matz will get the nod for the Mets. The left-handed Matz is 1-3 with a 4.42 ERA and 36 strikeouts. He’s 1-0 with five strikeouts and a 5.06 ERA against Milwaukee this year.
The Brewers will turn to righty Zach Davies (2-3, 4.24 ERA) to the mound. Davies has 25 strikeouts and 12 walks to his name, as well as a 1.26 WHIP. Davies is 0-1 with four strikeouts and a 10.38 ERA over one starts against New York this year.
Milwaukee’s pitching staff has given up 3.6 runs per game overall in 2018 as a unit. The club’s starters have an ERA of 3.96, a WHIP of 1.28 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.3. The bullpen has recorded a solid ERA of just 2.48, a WHIP of 1.09 and a K/9 of 10.4.
The Milwaukee hitters are putting up 4.1 runs per outing, including 5.1 per game over its last 10 games and 4.0 per game over their last five. The team has hit .219/.298/.404 over its last five matchups and is 4-1 SU during that span.
Lorenzo Cain has helped lead the Brewers’ offense this year with six home runs, 15 RBIs, 29 runs and 10 steals. Cain didn’t do very well against left-handed pitching at home in 2017, slashing .234/.290/.328 over 69 such plate appearances (compared to his overall season line of .300/.363/.440).
In the visiting dugout, New York’s pitching staff allowed 4.3 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 4.09 ERA, 1.31 WHIP and 9.84 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 3.81, along with a K/9 of 9.05.
The Mets offense has slashed .235/.315/.380 on its way to 4.0 runs scored per game this year, including 3.4 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 2.6 per game over the team’s last five outings (3-2 SU).
Asdrubal Cabrera has led New York’s offense and is slashing .310/.355/.526 with seven home runs, 27 RBIs and 25 runs scored.
The Mets just dropped a 2-1 game to the Marlins, while the Brewers are coming off of a 9-2 win against the Diamondbacks.
New York Mets at Milwaukee Brewers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Brewers, ATS Winner – Mets, O/U – OVER
The under has cashed in four of New York’s last seven games.
The Mets have hit 11 home runs in their last 10 games, including six over their last five.
Milwaukee has posted 22.3 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 17.2 over its last five.
The Brewers have won six of their last seven games SU.
- New Mexico Lobos at UNLV Runnin’ Rebels ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Ole Miss Rebels vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats at Butler Bulldogs Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Clemson Tigers at Florida State Seminoles Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Texas A&M Aggies at Florida Gators Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Kansas State Wildcats Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Mississippi State Bulldogs at Kentucky Wildcats Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Buffalo Bulls at Northern Illinois Huskies ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Indiana Hoosiers at Northwestern Wildcats Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Duke Blue Devils at Pittsburgh Panthers Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019