The Milwaukee Brewers will go for their fourth win in a row when they play host to the New York Mets at Miller Park. The game gets underway 8:10 p.m. ET and Fox Sports Net Wisconsin is in line to televise this NL matchup.
New York Mets vs. Milwaukee Brewers Odds
New York (+135) is entering this one as the underdog against Milwaukee (-145) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this night game at 8.5 runs. The odds for wagering on the game’s total stand at -115 for the over and -105 for the under. Bettors can also wager on the game’s runline with the odds sitting at -160 for the Mets +1.5 runs and +140 for the Brewers -1.5.
The Brewers are 31-19 SU and 29-20 ATS. They’ve gained 13.7 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 6.8 units against the spread (ATS). The Mets have gone 24-21 SU this year and are 21-23 ATS. In total, the team’s accumulated 2.0 units for moneyline gamblers, but have lost 1.1 units ATS.
Milwaukee games have an over/under record of 18-29-2 so far in 2018. The Mets have an over/under record of 20-23-1.
Steven Matz will get the nod for the Mets. The left-handed Matz is 1-3 with a 4.42 ERA and 36 strikeouts. He’s 1-0 with five strikeouts and a 5.06 ERA against Milwaukee this year.
The Brewers will turn to righty Zach Davies (2-3, 4.24 ERA) to the mound. Davies has 25 strikeouts and 12 walks to his name, as well as a 1.26 WHIP. Davies is 0-1 with four strikeouts and a 10.38 ERA over one starts against New York this year.
Milwaukee’s pitching staff has given up 3.6 runs per game overall in 2018 as a unit. The club’s starters have an ERA of 3.96, a WHIP of 1.28 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.3. The bullpen has recorded a solid ERA of just 2.48, a WHIP of 1.09 and a K/9 of 10.4.
The Milwaukee hitters are putting up 4.1 runs per outing, including 5.1 per game over its last 10 games and 4.0 per game over their last five. The team has hit .219/.298/.404 over its last five matchups and is 4-1 SU during that span.
Lorenzo Cain has helped lead the Brewers’ offense this year with six home runs, 15 RBIs, 29 runs and 10 steals. Cain didn’t do very well against left-handed pitching at home in 2017, slashing .234/.290/.328 over 69 such plate appearances (compared to his overall season line of .300/.363/.440).
In the visiting dugout, New York’s pitching staff allowed 4.3 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 4.09 ERA, 1.31 WHIP and 9.84 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 3.81, along with a K/9 of 9.05.
The Mets offense has slashed .235/.315/.380 on its way to 4.0 runs scored per game this year, including 3.4 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 2.6 per game over the team’s last five outings (3-2 SU).
Asdrubal Cabrera has led New York’s offense and is slashing .310/.355/.526 with seven home runs, 27 RBIs and 25 runs scored.
The Mets just dropped a 2-1 game to the Marlins, while the Brewers are coming off of a 9-2 win against the Diamondbacks.
New York Mets at Milwaukee Brewers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Brewers, ATS Winner – Mets, O/U – OVER
The under has cashed in four of New York’s last seven games.
The Mets have hit 11 home runs in their last 10 games, including six over their last five.
Milwaukee has posted 22.3 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 17.2 over its last five.
The Brewers have won six of their last seven games SU.
- NCAA Football Free ATS Betting Preview: Michigan Wolverines at Michigan State Spartans - October 19, 2018
- New York Knicks at Brooklyn Nets Betting Preview 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Preview 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Nashville Predators vs. Calgary Flames Free Preview 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Minnesota Wild at Dallas Stars Betting Preview 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Florida Panthers vs. Washington Capitals Matchup 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Los Angeles Dodgers at Milwaukee Brewers Matchup 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Oregon Ducks at Washington State Cougars – NCAA Football Betting Preview - October 19, 2018
- Golden State Warriors vs. Utah Jazz Odds Preview 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Charlotte Hornets vs. Orlando Magic Betting Preview 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018