New York Yankees at Tampa Bay Rays Odds
Vegas has listed Tampa Bay (+115) as the underdog to New York (-125). The total sits at 8 runs and gamblers can wager on the over for -105 and the under for -115. You can also bet on the game’s spread with the most recent runline odds coming in at Yankees -1.5 runs (+120) and Rays +1.5 runs (-140).
The Rays are 41-34 against the spread (ATS), but just 36-40 straight up (SU). The team has lost 1.6 units for moneyline bettors while gaining 5.8 units (ATS). The Yankees have gone 50-24 SU this year and are 40-33 ATS. In total, the team’s gained 12.4 units for moneyline gamblers and 5.7 units ATS.
Tampa Bay games have a 32-41-2 over/under record so far in 2018. New York has also been a decent under bet with a total record of 32-38-3.
The right-handed Domingo German will get the start for the visiting Yankees. German (2-4, 4.77 ERA) has racked up 72 strikeouts in 60.1 innings so far. He’s 1-0 with 10 strikeouts and a 4.50 ERA against Tampa Bay this year.
The Rays are putting the ball in the right hand of Matt Andriese (1-3, 3.68 ERA, 1.14 WHIP), who has 42 strikeouts and nine walks this season. Andriese is 0-0 with three strikeouts and a 6.75 ERA against New York this year.
New York’s pitchers have allowed 3.8 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 3.76 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 9.02 K/9. The bullpen has an outstanding ERA of just 2.77, along with a WHIP of 1.18.
Yankees hitters have slashed .251/.332/.460 on their way to 5.2 runs scored per game this year, including 4.8 runs per game against divisional foes and 3.8 per game over the team’s last five contests (3-2 SU).
New York’s offensive production has been led by Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton, who’ve collectively belted 37 home runs. Judge is slashing .279/.398/.558 with 19 home runs, 51 RBIs and 50 runs scored, while Stanton (.249/.323/.491) has produced 18 homers, 42 RBIs and 44 runs scored.
For the home team, Tampa Bay’s pitching staff has yielded 4.0 runs per game overall this season. Its starters have a 3.99 ERA, 1.19 WHIP and 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 3.63 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 8.3 K/9. In 36 divisional games, Rays starters have an ERA of 5.00 and the bullpen’s ERA is 3.39.
The Tampa Bay hitters have put up 3.9 runs per outing, including 3.9 per game against divisional foes and 2.6 per game over their last five. The team has hit .222/.313/.342 over its last five matchups and is 3-2 SU during that span.
The Rays’ hitters have been led by third baseman Matt Duffy and catcher Wilson Ramos. Duffy is slashing .321/.365/.439 with four home runs, 22 RBIs and 21 runs scored, while the line for Ramos stands at .291/.339/.444 with nine homers, 36 RBIs and 22 runs.
The Rays have lost 7.6 units and are 24-25 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher. The over has hit in 24 of those games, as opposed to 24 that’ve gone under against righties.
New York Yankees at Tampa Bay Rays Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Yankees, ATS Winner – Yankees, O/U – UNDER
The under has hit in six of New York’s last seven games.
Tampa Bay has recorded 15.3 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 16.6 over its last five.
The Yankees have hit 15 home runs in their last 10 games, including eight over their last five.
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Duke Blue Devils at Louisville Cardinals Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Rider Broncs at Quinnipiac Bobcats Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019