New York Yankees vs. Cleveland Indians Odds
New York (+100) is entering this game as the underdog to Cleveland (-110) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this night game at 9.5 runs (-130 for the over and +110 for the under). Gamblers can also wager on the game’s runline with the odds standing at Yankees +1.5 runs (-210) and Indians -1.5 runs (+175).
The Indians are 51-42 straight up (SU) and 43-49 against the spread (ATS). The team’s lost 13.1 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 11.1 units (ATS). The Yankees are 61-32 SU and have gone 50-42 ATS. In total, the team’s accumulated 9.7 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 6.0 units ATS.
Indians games have an over/under record of 49-40-3 so far in 2018. The Yankees have been a decent under bet with a total record of 40-49-3.
Southpaw CC Sabathia will get the start for the visiting Yankees. Sabathia is 6-4 with a 3.34 ERA and 75 strikeouts. He’s 0-0 with seven strikeouts and a 0.00 ERA against Cleveland this year.
The Indians will put the ball in the right hand of Mike Clevinger (7-4, 3.34 ERA, 1.23 WHIP), who has 110 strikeouts and 39 walks. Clevinger is 0-0 with 10 strikeouts and a 2.45 ERA in one start against New York this year.
As a unit, Cleveland’s pitchers have given up 4.3 runs per game overall in 2018. The club’s starters have an ERA of 3.44, a WHIP of 1.14 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 9.2. The bullpen has a 5.39 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and 8.7 K/9.
The Cleveland hitters are putting up 5.1 runs per outing, including 6.0 per game over its last 10 games and 7.6 per game over their last five. The team has a slash-line of .294/.365/.537 over its last five matchups and is 2-3 SU during that stretch.
The Indians’ batters have been led by Francisco Lindor, who is slashing .297/.374/.574 with 25 home runs, 62 RBIs, 85 runs and 13 stolen bases.
In the visiting dugout, New York’s pitching staff allowed 3.8 runs per game and its starters own a 3.99 ERA, 1.24 WHIP and 8.95 K/9. The bullpen has an excellent ERA of just 2.65, along with a WHIP of 1.24.
Yankees hitters have slashed .253/.334/.465 on their way to 5.2 runs scored per game in 2018, including 5.8 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 7.2 per game over the team’s last five contests (3-2 SU).
Giancarlo Stanton has led New York’s hitters. Stanton is slashing .275/.346/.521 with 23 home runs, 55 RBIs and 58 runs scored.
The Indians are looking for another victory following a 6-5 win in the prior game of the series.
New York Yankees vs. Cleveland Indians MLB Tip
Predictions: SU Winner – Indians, ATS Winner – Yankees, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in three of New York’s last seven games.
The Yankees have hit 17 home runs in their last 10 games, including 10 over their last five.
Cleveland has recorded 24.2 runs + hits + errors per game over its last 10 games and 28.4 over its last five.
- Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians Free Pick 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Kansas City Royals vs. Detroit Tigers Betting Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees Free Pick 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Toronto Blue Jays Free Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins Free Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Philadelphia Phillies at Atlanta Braves Free Pick 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- New York Mets at Washington Nationals Free Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels vs. Oakland Athletics Betting Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Baltimore Orioles Betting Preview 09/19/18 - September 19, 2018
- St. Louis Cardinals at Atlanta Braves Betting Preview 09/19/18 - September 19, 2018