NFL Lines: The San Diego Chargers are coming of a surprise playoff season under then first year coach Mike McCoy as they pulled off a furious end-of-season rally and now must prove that they can sustain that success. The Arizona Cardinals were a near miss for the playoffs last season for their then new head coach Bruce Aryans but showed vast improvement in the tough NFC West. The Cards also must quell doubts about their ability to keep it going in 2014.
The Arizona Cardinals will host the San Diego Chargers at University of Phoenix Stadium on Monday night with coverage on ESPN starting at 10:20 PM ET. BetDSI opened with Arizona as a three point favorite with a total of 45.
Mike McCoy was a savior for QB Philip Rivers as the veteran had his head cleared after having former coach Norv Turner fog it up. Rivers also had a strong supporting cast that is basically back intact. Keenan Allen had a strong emergence last year as he caught 71 passes and cleared the 1,000 yard receiving mark. San Diego used three out of their first four draft picks to shore up a defense that ranked 29th against the pass.
Much maligned QB Carson Palmer had something of a comeback season last year with Arizona and should have one of the NFL’s most improved offensive lines protecting him. Head coach Bruce Aryans loves the deep pass and Palmer has the arm for that. WR Michael Floyd is expected to have a big year hauling in Palmer bombs and enjoying lighter coverages while defenses’ remain focused on Larry Fitzgerald. The defense ranked 6th overall in the NFL last year.
Matchup and Pick
Arizona has covered the spread in six out of their last 10 home games with seven out of their last 11 home games going over the total. San Diego has lost just six out of their last 19 away games against the spread with seven out of their last nine away games going under the total. San Diego has paid out in five out of their last eight games with Arizona as three out of the last five meetings between the Chargers and Cardinals have gone under the total. The Chargers have covered their last four visits to Arizona against the Cards with three out of those four games going under the total. This looks like a good game to take the dog and San Diego gets our call.
- Saturday MLB Fantasy Picks: Mets’ Niese Gets The Nod At Pitcher - May 2, 2015
- Saturday NHL Fantasy Picks: Rick Nash Joins A Host Of Rangers As Top Selections - May 2, 2015
- P.K. Subban Leads The Way For Friday’s NHL Fantasy Picks - May 1, 2015
- Friday MLB Fantasy Picks: Puig Looks To Pounce On Arizona’s Weak Bullpen - May 1, 2015
- Thursday MLB Super Seven and Sleeper Fantasy Picks - April 30, 2015
- Thursday NHL Fantasy Super Six and Sleeper - April 30, 2015
- Wednesday MLB Fantasy Picks: Ian Kinsler Looks To Continue Hot Start - April 29, 2015
- NHL Fantasy Picks For Game 1 Of Detroit vs Tampa Bay - April 29, 2015
- Johnny Cueto Gets The Nod For Tuesday’s MLB Fantasy Lineup - April 28, 2015
- Western Conference Semifinals Fantasy Bargains - April 27, 2015