NFL Odds: The Indianapolis Colts have ridden Luck, make that QB Andrew Luck, to the playoffs the past two seasons despite some less than dominant metrics that put their playoff hopes in question this year. The Denver Broncos rode QB Peyton Manning’s right arm all the way to the Super Bowl where they then unraveled in a humiliating loss to the Seattle Seahawks which again put Manning in the spotlight for less than stellar post season play.
The Denver Broncos will host the Indianapolis Colts at Sports Authority Field on Sunday night with coverage on NBC starting at 8:30 PM ET. BetDSI opened with Denver as a seven point favorite with a total of 55.
Will Sloppy Play Corral Colts?
Despite winning 11 games in each of the past two seasons the Colts have almost done it in spite of themselves and as being a fortunate member of the weak AFC South. The Colts ranked 20th in rushing offense, 17th for passing offense, 20th for total defense, 26th for rushing defense but did rank 3rd for turnover ratio which is what saved them last year. Those numbers cannot continue to sustain success.
Regular Season is Peyton’s Place
Keep in mind that Denver QB Peyton Manning is at his best in the regular season and especially early when the weather is not cold. The problem for the Broncos is that they have not been proven to be able to beat the more physical teams in the NFL that are what make up the elite contenders.
Matchup and Pick
Denver has paid out in 12 out of their last 20 home games with just 4 out of their last 16 home games going under the total. The Colts have come away with the money in nine out of their last 16 away games with five out of their last six road games going over the total. The Colts have dominated this head-to-head series against Denver with nine payouts in their last 11 meetings with the Broncos including six in a row with seven out of the last eight meeting between the Colts and Broncos going over the total. The Colts have covered the spread in three out of their last four games at Denver with just one of the last five games at Denver between the Colts and Broncos going under the total. The Colts always seem to find a way and we’ll call for Indianapolis to maintain their head-to-head domination of this series’ purse strings.
- Saturday MLB Fantasy Picks: Mets’ Niese Gets The Nod At Pitcher - May 2, 2015
- Saturday NHL Fantasy Picks: Rick Nash Joins A Host Of Rangers As Top Selections - May 2, 2015
- P.K. Subban Leads The Way For Friday’s NHL Fantasy Picks - May 1, 2015
- Friday MLB Fantasy Picks: Puig Looks To Pounce On Arizona’s Weak Bullpen - May 1, 2015
- Thursday MLB Super Seven and Sleeper Fantasy Picks - April 30, 2015
- Thursday NHL Fantasy Super Six and Sleeper - April 30, 2015
- Wednesday MLB Fantasy Picks: Ian Kinsler Looks To Continue Hot Start - April 29, 2015
- NHL Fantasy Picks For Game 1 Of Detroit vs Tampa Bay - April 29, 2015
- Johnny Cueto Gets The Nod For Tuesday’s MLB Fantasy Lineup - April 28, 2015
- Western Conference Semifinals Fantasy Bargains - April 27, 2015