Tuesday the NFL released its full slate of 65 preseason games for the 2019 season. The NFL preseason will open on Aug. 1 with the Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio between the Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons.
Of course, the primary draw of the NFL preseason, outside of just scratching your months-long NFL itch, is seeing rookies and free agents debut with their new teams.
The NFL Network shows every preseason game, most on tape delay, but there will be slate of nationally televised games each week. Depending on what the Arizona Cardinals do with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, their game on Thursday night, Aug. 15 against the Oakland Raiders could have some real drama.
Nick Foles will make his first national appearance with the Jacksonville Jaguars during Week 3 of the preseason when the team travels to Miami to take on the quarterback-less Dolphins.
It’ll be interesting to see if any other team adopts the Los Angeles Rams’ preseason strategy from last year. The Rams sat every key starter in all four of their preseason games and ended up making it all the way to Super Bowl LIII.
Defensive end Adrian Clayborn will return to Atlanta
The Atlanta Falcons signed defensive end Adrian Clayborn to a one-year contract Tuesday. Clayborn spent last season with the New England Patriots after beginning his career with the Falcons.
Clayborn only got one start with New England, recording 11 tackles, three for a loss, a forced fumble and 2.5 sacks. Back in 2017, Clayborn had 9.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, 21 tackles and a defensive touchdown for the Falcons in Dan Quinn’s defense.
Rodgers hurt worse than thought last season
Aaron Rodgers suffered not only a concussion when he was knocked from the Green Bay Packers Week 1 loss to the Detroit Lions, he also sprained his MCL and fractured his tibial plateau.
He did not miss a game and still completed 62.3 percent of his passes for 4,442 yards, 25 touchdowns and two interceptions. He’s been a full participant in Green Bay’s offseason activities and has reportedly fully recovered.
- Bills Add Yeldon, Stafford’s Wife Home and More - April 22, 2019
- Seahawks Want First Rounder for Clark, Watson Might Return and More - April 21, 2019
- Jackson Working at Safety, Goff and Rams Not Talking Contract and More - April 20, 2019
- Bryce Love’s Knee, Falcons Sign Hageman and More - April 19, 2019
- Redskins and Ioannids Reach Extension, NFL Schedule is Official and More - April 18, 2019
- Final Pre-Draft Visits, AAF Files for Bankruptcy and More - April 17, 2019
- Russell Wilson Gets Record Deal, Gurley Knee Update and More - April 16, 2019
- Carson Wentz Still Hurt, Wilson and Seahawks Talk Contract - April 15, 2019
- Falcons Sign Davison, Allen and Fant Take Rookie Visits and More - April 14, 2019
- Eagles Cornerback Arrested, Patriots Re-Sign Chung and More - April 13, 2019