The Oakland Athletics are paying a visit to Chicago to square off against the White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field. NBC Sports – California will televise this AL showdown. The game is scheduled to get going at 4:10 p.m. ET.
Oakland Athletics at Chicago White Sox Odds
Sean Manaea will get the nod for Oakland. The left-handed Manaea is 6-6 with a 3.56 ERA and 68 strikeouts. He has yet to face the White Sox this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The White Sox are putting the ball in the right hand of James Shields (2-8, 4.63 ERA, 1.26 WHIP), who has 64 strikeouts and 37 walks. Shields is 0-1 with a 13.50 ERA against Oakland this year.
Oakland’s pitching staff allowed 4.4 runs per game and its starters own a 4.37 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 6.59 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 3.43, along with a WHIP of 1.22.
The Athletics offense has slashed .241/.313/.417 on its way to 4.5 runs scored per game in 2018, including 4.6 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 6.4 per game over the team’s last five outings (4-1 SU).
Second baseman Jed Lowrie and shortstop Marcus Semien have led Oakland’s hitters. Lowrie is slashing .285/.344/.476 with 11 home runs, 47 RBIs and 30 runs scored, while Semien has a .257 average with seven homers, 29 RBIs and 43 runs scored.
In the other dugout, Chicago’s pitching staff has allowed 5.1 runs per game overall this year. Its starters have an ERA of 5.28, a WHIP of 1.47 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 6.4. The bullpen has a 3.88 ERA, 1.45 WHIP and 9.4 K/9.
The Chicago offense has put up 3.7 runs per outing, including 2.4 per game over its last 10 games and 2.2 per game over its last five. The team has a slash-line of .194/.244/.279 over its last five matchups and is 0-5 SU during that stretch.
The White Sox batters have been led by first baseman Jose Abreu and third baseman Yolmer Sanchez. Abreu is hitting .281/.334/.495 with 11 home runs, 42 RBIs and 36 runs scored, while Sanchez’s line is .256/.306/.402 with four homers, 29 RBIs and 28 runs.
Oakland Athletics vs. Chicago White Sox Free Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – White Sox, ATS Winner – Athletics, O/U – OVER
Oakland has tallied 19 extra-base hits over its last five contests. Chicago has nine XBH over its last five.
Oakland has recorded 19.6 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 24.4 over its last five.
The Athletics have hit 17 home runs in their last 10 games, including 11 over their last five.
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Atlanta Braves Matchup 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Boston Red Sox Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Texas Rangers vs. Baltimore Orioles Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Kansas City Royals vs. Chicago White Sox Betting Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Detroit Tigers vs. Houston Astros Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- New York Yankees at Cleveland Indians Betting Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Seattle Mariners vs. Colorado Rockies Matchup 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Miami Marlins Free Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels at Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Tampa Bay Rays at Minnesota Twins Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018