Oakland Athletics at Boston Red Sox Odds
Boston (-255) is the favorite over Oakland (+230) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this night game at 8.5 runs (+100 for the under and -120 for the over). Gamblers can also wager on the game’s spread with the most recent runline odds standing at Athletics +1.5 runs (+105) and Red Sox -1.5 runs (-125).
The Red Sox are 28-14 SU and 20-21 ATS. The team’s gained 8.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline while gaining 1.9 units against the spread (ATS). The Athletics are 21-21 SU and have gone 19-22 ATS. In total, the team’s accumulated 1.2 units for gamblers taking the moneyline over the early portions of the year, but have lost 6.0 units ATS.
Boston games have a 20-20-1 over/under record so far in 2018. Oakland has an over/under record of 21-18-2.
The right-handed Trevor Cahill is projected to start for Oakland. Cahill is 1-1 with a 2.25 ERA and 31 strikeouts. He has yet to face the Red Sox this year and only made one start against them in 2017 (0-0, 11.25 ERA and two strikeouts over four innings).
The Red Sox are going with lefty Chris Sale (3-1, 2.17 ERA), who has 78 strikeouts and 11 walks, as well as a 0.90 WHIP. Sale is 0-1 with 10 strikeouts and a 3.86 ERA in one start against Oakland this year.
Boston’s pitching staff has given up 3.9 runs per game overall in 2018 as a unit. The club’s starters have a 3.69 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 3.63 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 9.9 K/9.
The Boston offense is putting up 5.4 runs per outing, including 4.6 per game over its last 10 games and 4.2 per game over its last five. The team has slashed .241/.290/.396 over its last five games and is 2-3 SU during that span.
The Red Sox offense has been led by Mookie Betts, who is slashing .349/.426/.740 with 13 home runs, 28 RBIs, 43 runs and eight stolen bases.
In the other dugout, Oakland’s pitching staff allowed 4.9 runs per game and its starters own a 4.57 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 7.65 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 3.89, along with a WHIP of 1.23.
Athletics hitters have slashed .249/.323/.422 on their way to 4.5 runs scored per game in 2018, including 3.8 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 5.8 per game over the team’s last five outings (3-2 SU).
Oakland’s offense has been led by Jed Lowrie, who is slashing .329/.383/.557 with nine home runs, 36 RBIs and 17 runs scored. He seemed to take a step back when hitting left-handed pitchers on the road last season, putting up a slash line of .203/.301/.359 across 73 such plate appearances (his total season line was .277/.360/.448).
The Athletics are looking for another victory after a 5-3 win in the prior game of this series.
Oakland Athletics at Boston Red Sox MLB Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Red Sox, ATS Winner – Athletics, O/U – OVER
The over has cashed in only two of Boston’s last seven games.
The Athletics have hit 11 home runs in their last 10 games, including 10 over their last five.
Oakland has recorded 19.2 runs + hits + errors per game over its last 10 contests and 25.0 over its last five.
- Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians Free Pick 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Kansas City Royals vs. Detroit Tigers Betting Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees Free Pick 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Toronto Blue Jays Free Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins Free Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Philadelphia Phillies at Atlanta Braves Free Pick 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- New York Mets at Washington Nationals Free Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels vs. Oakland Athletics Betting Preview 09/20/18 - September 20, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Baltimore Orioles Betting Preview 09/19/18 - September 19, 2018
- St. Louis Cardinals at Atlanta Braves Betting Preview 09/19/18 - September 19, 2018