The San Francisco Giants are playing host to the Oakland Athletics at AT&T Park. This interleague matchup will get underway at 4:05 p.m. ET and fans can tune in to NBC Sports – California to catch the game.
Oakland Athletics at San Francisco Giants Odds
San Francisco (-125) is hosting this one as the favorite over Oakland (+115) and Vegas has the Over/Under for this day game at 8.5 runs (-105 for the over and -115 for the under). Bettors can also wager on the game’s spread with the current runline odds sitting at Athletics +1.5 runs (-180) and Giants -1.5 runs (+160).
The Giants are 50-47 straight up (SU) and 53-43 against the spread (ATS). The team has gained 10.1 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 9.2 units (ATS). The Athletics have gone 54-42 SU this year and are 49-46 ATS. In total, the team’s gained 16.3 units for moneyline gamblers and 1.9 units ATS.
Giants games have a 45-48-3 over/under record so far in 2018. Oakland has an over/under record of 46-42-7.
Sean Manaea is getting the start for the Athletics. The left-handed Manaea is 8-6 with a 3.44 ERA and 82 strikeouts. He has yet to face the Giants this year and only made one start against them in 2017 (0-1, 6.00 ERA across three innings).
The Giants are turning to lefty Andrew Suarez (3-5, 3.75 ERA), who has 77 strikeouts and 19 walks to his name as well as a 1.23 WHIP. Suarez did not pitch in the majors in 2017.
As a unit, San Francisco’s pitchers have given up 4.3 runs per game overall in 2018. The team’s starting pitching staff has a 4.22 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 3.64 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 8.8 K/9.
San Francisco’s hitters are putting up 4.1 runs per contest, including 3.7 per game over its last 10 games and 3.4 per game over their last five. The team has slashed .240/.325/.317 over its last five matchups and is 3-2 SU during that stretch.
Brandon Crawford has helped lead the Giants’ offense this year with 10 home runs, 39 RBIs and 41 runs scored.
For the visitors, Oakland’s pitchers have allowed 4.4 runs per game and its starters own a 4.37 ERA, 1.24 WHIP and 6.47 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 3.53, along with a K/9 of 8.63.
The Athletics offense has slashed .246/.317/.422 on its way to 4.6 runs scored per game in 2018, including 4.6 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 4.8 per game over the team’s last five contests (3-2 SU).
Jed Lowrie has led Oakland’s hitters and is slashing .288/.359/.497 with 16 home runs, 62 RBIs and 42 runs scored.
The Athletics are coming off a 4-3 win in the prior game of the series.
Oakland Athletics vs. San Francisco Giants Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Giants, ATS Winner – Athletics, O/U – OVER
The over has cashed in only two of San Francisco’s last seven games.
The Athletics have hit 12 home runs in their last 10 games. The Giants have hit four over their last 10.
San Francisco has averaged 20.1 runs + hits + errors over its last 10 outings and 21.0 over its last five.
The Athletics have won three of their last four games SU.
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Kansas City Royals Free Pick 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Colorado Rockies vs. Atlanta Braves Betting Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Detroit Tigers vs. Minnesota Twins Free Pick 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. New York Yankees Free Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- New York Mets vs. Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- New York Mets at Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Free Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Arizona Diamondbacks at San Diego Padres Betting Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Washington Nationals vs. St. Louis Cardinals Free Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels at Texas Rangers Matchup 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018