It will be a battle between MAAC opponents when the Rider Broncs (10-6, 3-1 MAAC) welcome the Quinnipiac Bobcats (6-11, 3-2 MAAC) to Alumni Gymnasium. The game is scheduled to get underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 159 points with Rider opening as a 12-point favorite.
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Rider Broncs ATS Prediction
The Bobcats will be looking for a similar result after narrowly defeating the Marist Red Foxes in their last outing, 80-79. Quinnipiac forced the Red Foxes into a turnover percentage of 19.1 (above the 14.6 mark opponents have averaged against Quinnipiac this season). Marist, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.7 (above their season average of 23.1). With 26 points on 8-for-21 shooting, Cameron Young was the top scorer from either team.
In the Broncs’ last matchup, they were victorious over the Manhattan Jaspers, 82-76. The Broncs had 8 steals and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.553 (above their season average of 0.513). With 19 points, 14 rebounds and five assists, Rider’s Frederick Scott had a good outing.
This contest should be a matchup of opposite styles. Rider prefers a fast-breaking style of play (24th in possessions per game), while Quinnipiac is more half-court-oriented (267th in possessions per game). Additionally, the Bobcats are among the NCAA’s best at getting to the line, ranking 32nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.293). The Broncs, meanhwile, rank 278th at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents’ FTA rate of 0.272.
Both teams have had a player step their game up over their last five games. Young (21.0 points and 5.8 rebounds) has been great for the Bobcats while Scott (19.0 points and 8.4 rebounds) has made solid contributions to the Broncs.
After the Broncs won both matchups against the Bobcats last season, these teams will clash for the first time this year. In the most recent matchup, Rider won 99-82. Rider’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Quinnipiac. The Broncs had a rate of 0.623 while the Bobcats posted a mark of 0.500.
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Rider Broncs Odds Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Rider, ATS Winner – Rider, O/U – Under
Quinnipiac ranks 21st in three pointers attempted per game (27.7) while Rider ranks 230th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
The Broncs rank 20th in rebounds per game (40.6) while the Bobcats rank 209th (33.8).
Rider ranks 93rd in assists per game (14.7) while Quinnipiac ranks 186th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
The Broncs rank 49th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while the Bobcats rank 100th (6.4).
Quinnipiac averages 3.0 blocks per game, which ranks 126th in the nation. Rider ranks 161st in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
The Bobcats’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 5.8 for the season.
During their last five games, the Broncs have scored an average of 84.8 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (3.5 below their season average).
- San Francisco Giants vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Betting Preview 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Miami Marlins vs. Milwaukee Brewers Free Preview 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees Matchup 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners Free Pick 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels Free Pick 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- New York Mets at Atlanta Braves Matchup 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Philadelphia 76ers at Miami Heat Odds Preview 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Portland Trail Blazers vs. New Orleans Pelicans Odds Preview 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Golden State Warriors at San Antonio Spurs Odds Preview 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018