U[p-and-coming, 24-year-old center Clint Capela remains on the restricted free agency market, but that’s not because the Rockets are being stingy. The team recently offered the former No. 25 pick (2014) a five-year deal worth up to $90 million, per a new report, which adds that the Rockets are confident they will ultimately land Capela.
Rockets offer to Clint Capela on July 1 was five years, $85 million, two individuals with knowledge of the offer said. With incentives, the deal could be worth $90 million. Rockets remain optimistic sides a deal will be reached. "Absolutely," one of the individuals said.
— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) July 11, 2018
Here’s the average of each of the three above deals:
Five years, $85-90 million: $17-18 million per year
Four years, $53 million: $13.25 million per year
Four years, $60 million: $15 million per year
Capela is reportedly looking for a contract similar to that of Oklahoma City’s Steven Adams. That sounds fair, as the players are comparable, but Adams is making $100 million over four years — $25 million per year.
Considering Houston just signed Chris Paul to a four-year max deal, Daryl Morey and company must be strategic with Capela. It isn’t immediately apparent which other NBA team would be willing to offer the forward more cash, however, so Capela may end up settling for less than he would like.
Shift of Power?
With LeBron James joining the Lakers, L.A. has emerged as a contender in the West. The Warriors, of course, however, remain the favorite to win the conference. The Rockets, who nearly took down Golden State in the Western Conference Finals, are in the mix as well.
Below are the latest odds to win the NBA title, via BetDSI Sportsbook.
Golden State Warriors 5/8
Los Angeles Lakers 5/1
Boston Celtics 11/2
Houston Rockets 10/1
Philadelphia 76ers 12/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 40/1
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 30: The Post-Valanciunas Raptors - December 13, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 29: Bulls Coaching Change - December 4, 2018
- Luca Doncic is Now Odds-On Favorite for NBA Rookie of the Year Betting - November 30, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 28: Fultz & The Sixers - November 29, 2018
- Betting Odds for Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, UCF and Texas CFP Chances - November 26, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 27: Tiger-Phil Showdown - November 22, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 26: Carmelo Anthony’s Future - November 16, 2018
- Free Agency Betting Odds: Where Will Kevin Durant Play Next, Lakers Are Favorites - November 16, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski almost played basketball for the Arizona Wildcats - November 15, 2018
- NBA Futures: Butler Trade Significantly Increases 76ers’ Title Odds - November 10, 2018