U[p-and-coming, 24-year-old center Clint Capela remains on the restricted free agency market, but that’s not because the Rockets are being stingy. The team recently offered the former No. 25 pick (2014) a five-year deal worth up to $90 million, per a new report, which adds that the Rockets are confident they will ultimately land Capela.
Rockets offer to Clint Capela on July 1 was five years, $85 million, two individuals with knowledge of the offer said. With incentives, the deal could be worth $90 million. Rockets remain optimistic sides a deal will be reached. "Absolutely," one of the individuals said.
— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) July 11, 2018
Here’s the average of each of the three above deals:
Five years, $85-90 million: $17-18 million per year
Four years, $53 million: $13.25 million per year
Four years, $60 million: $15 million per year
Capela is reportedly looking for a contract similar to that of Oklahoma City’s Steven Adams. That sounds fair, as the players are comparable, but Adams is making $100 million over four years — $25 million per year.
Considering Houston just signed Chris Paul to a four-year max deal, Daryl Morey and company must be strategic with Capela. It isn’t immediately apparent which other NBA team would be willing to offer the forward more cash, however, so Capela may end up settling for less than he would like.
Shift of Power?
With LeBron James joining the Lakers, L.A. has emerged as a contender in the West. The Warriors, of course, however, remain the favorite to win the conference. The Rockets, who nearly took down Golden State in the Western Conference Finals, are in the mix as well.
Below are the latest odds to win the NBA title, via BetDSI Sportsbook.
Golden State Warriors 5/8
Los Angeles Lakers 5/1
Boston Celtics 11/2
Houston Rockets 10/1
Philadelphia 76ers 12/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 40/1
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 13: NBA Christmas Game Odds - August 13, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 10: NBA Over/Unders - August 6, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 9: Coach Bobby Gonzalez on World Cup/Olympics/China Basketball - August 1, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 8: An NBA Team in Vegas? - August 1, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 7: Paul George’s Leg Drama - July 27, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan Episode 5: Kawhi Leonard To The Knicks? - July 14, 2018
- The Rockets Reportedly Made Clint Capela A Monster Offer - July 12, 2018
- Here’s How Rob Pelinka Learned LeBron Was Signing With The Lakers - July 11, 2018
- Kyrie Irving’s Injury In 2015 Playoffs Reportedly Annoyed LeBron ‘To No End’ - July 10, 2018
- Celtics Rookie Robert Williams Has Rare Artery Condition In Legs - July 10, 2018