The San Antonio Spurs (35-22) travel to Utah to play the Jazz (28-28) in a game that has the potential to be low-scoring. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, February 12, 2018.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Utah Jazz Free Prediction
The Spurs are trying to rebound after their 122-105 loss to the Golden State Warriors in their last outing. Golden State launched 27 three pointers, making 12 of them (44.4 percent), while San Antonio was just 5-27 (18.5 percent). Kyle Anderson led San Antonio in scoring with 20 points on 9-for-13 shooting.
In the Jazz’s last matchup, they had no trouble getting past the Portland Trail Blazers, 115-96. The Jazz had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.0 (above their season average of 20.2) and held the Trail Blazers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.463 (below the 0.522 mark opponents have averaged against Utah this season). Donovan Mitchell led Utah in scoring with 27 points on 10-for-24 shooting.
Baskets could be hard to come by in this contest between a pair of the NBA’s top defenses. Utah ranks fifth in defensive efficiency (104.5) and San Antonio is second (102.1).
San Antonio heads into the contest with records of 35-22 straight up (SU) and 28-25-4 against the spread (ATS). Of the Spurs’ 57 games, 31 have finished under the total.
Meanwhile, Utah is 28-28 SU and 30-25 ATS. Coinciding with San Antonio, a little over half of Jazz games have finished under the projected point total.
Rudy Gobert has averaged 13.6 points, 10.4 rebounds and 2.6 blocks over the last five games for Utah.
The Jazz have emerged victorious in both games against the Spurs this year, including a 120-111 victory in their last matchup. Utah covered as a 7-point underdog and the game finished with a total of 231 points, which was 36 points above the projected point total of 195 points. Utah made good use of their 36 trips to the free throw line, converting on 30 of them (83.3 percent). San Antonio, on the other hand, was 13-18 (72.2 percent). Ricky Rubio scored a game-high 34 points.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Utah Jazz Betting Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
On the road, San Antonio is 11-15-3 ATS with 18 unders, 10 overs and 1 push.
Utah is 16-9 ATS at home with 15 unders and 10 overs.
When holding opponents under 100 points, Utah is 17-4 and San Antonio is 23-10.
The Jazz are 23-11 when they reach 100 points, while the Spurs are 28-5.
Utah averages 9.0 steals per game, which ranks second in the league. San Antonio ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
The Jazz rank 13th in three pointers attempted per game (29.2) while the Spurs rank 26th (24.6).
San Antonio ranks third in blocks per game (5.5) while Utah ranks 14th (4.8).
The Jazz rank third in fast break points allowed per game (9.5) while the Spurs rank 13th (11.4).
Utah ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (11.0) while San Antonio ranks 12th (11.7).
The Jazz rank fourth in assists allowed per game (20.5) while the Spurs rank seventh (21.1).
Utah ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.0) while San Antonio ranks 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.7).
In their last five games, San Antonio is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
Utah is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games.
The Spurs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 3.4 for the season.
During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 113.2 points per game (9.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 99.6 points per game (2.2 below their season average).
- Abilene Christian Wildcats at Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Sam Houston State Bearkats at Northwestern State Demons ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Holy Cross Crusaders at Army West Point Black Knights Betting Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Nicholls Colonels at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- UMBC Retrievers at Vermont Catamounts Betting Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- FIU Golden Panthers vs. Florida Atlantic Owls Free Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Lafayette Leopards vs. Colgate Raiders Odds Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- South Dakota Coyotes vs. North Dakota Fighting Hawks ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Valparaiso Crusaders vs. Indiana State Sycamores ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- La Salle Explorers vs. Fordham Rams Free Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019