The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 222 points with Los Angeles set as a 7.5-point favorite.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Los Angeles Lakers Betting Prediction
The Spurs failed to cover as 1-point underdogs in their 139-105 loss to the Utah Jazz in their last game. The total points for the game (244) came in well over the O/U total of 218. Utah’s free throw rate was their largest strength over San Antonio. The Jazz had a rate of 0.202 (below their season average of 0.226), while the Spurs posted a mark of 0.111 (below their season average of 0.203). Jakob Poeltl led San Antonio in scoring with 20 points on 9-for-11 shooting.
The last time the Lakers were in action, they easily got past the Phoenix Suns, 120-96, easily covering as 12-point favorites. The game’s total points (216) were under the projected point total of 221. The Lakers knocked down 17 of their 23 free throws (73.9 percent) and held the Suns to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.5 (below the 24.8 mark opponents have averaged against Los Angeles this season). Kyle Kuzma was the game’s leading scorer with 23 points on 8-for-14 shooting from the field.
This contest should be a showdown of conflicting styles. Los Angeles has preferred an up-tempo style of play (third in possessions per game), while San Antonio has been slower-paced (25th in possessions per game).
San Antonio comes into the contest with records of 11-13 straight up (SU) and 11-12 against the spread (ATS). Vegas has a tendency to place the total low when the Spurs are involved, as 14 of their 23 contests have gone over the total.
Los Angeles is 14-9 SU, but they have a hard time covering the spread (10-13 ATS). Unlike San Antonio, games including the Lakers tend to go under the projected point total (65.2 percent).
Kuzma has averaged 15 points,6.8 rebounds,3.2 assists over the last five games for Los Angeles.
The Spurs have emerged victorious in both games against the Lakers this year, including a four-point victory in their last matchup. San Antonio covered as a 1-point underdog and the game finished with a total of 216 points, which was 16.5 points below the projected point total of 232.5 points. The Spurs knocked down 19 of their 24 free throws (79.2 percent) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.5 vs. 15.9). In the loss, LeBron James had a double-double with 35 points and 11 rebounds.
Spurs vs. Lakers ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Under
Los Angeles ranks second in blocks per game (6.4) while San Antonio ranks 25th (4.2).
San Antonio ranks 14 in rebounds allowed per game (44.75) while Los Angeles ranks 26 (46.69565217391305).
The Lakers rank 21 in three pointers attempted per game (29.347826086956523) while the Spurs rank 29 (24.291666666666668).
Los Angeles is 6-7 ATS at home, while San Antonio is 5-7 ATS on the road.
Over its last five contests, San Antonio is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
Los Angeles is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders over its last five games.
The Spurs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 18.0, up from 4.2 for the season.
During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 105.4 points per game (7.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.0 points per game (7.0 below their season average).
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019