San Diego Padres at Pittsburgh Pirates Odds
San Diego (+150) is the underdog against Pittsburgh (-160) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this night game at 8.5 runs (-115 for the over and -105 for the under). Runline odds sit at -145 for taking the Padres +1.5 runs and +125 for the Pirates -1.5.
The Pirates are 25-17 SU and 22-19 ATS. They’ve gained 5.6 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 4.5 units against the spread (ATS). The Padres are 17-27 SU and have gone 20-24 ATS. Overall, the team’s lost 5.1 units for moneyline bettors over the early portions of the season and 10.9 units ATS.
Pirates games have an over/under record of 21-15-5 so far in 2018. Padres games have gone under 23 times, gone over 19 times and pushed on two instances.
Eric Lauer will get the start for the visiting Padres. Lauer is 1-2 with an 8.27 ERA and 15 strikeouts. He has yet to face the Pirates this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Pirates are putting the ball in the hands of righty Chad Kuhl (4-2, 4.17 ERA), who has 42 strikeouts and 16 walks to his credit, as well as a WHIP of 1.35. Kuhl only made one start against the Padres in 2017 (0-0, 3.38 ERA and four strikeouts across five and 1-third innings).
Pittsburgh’s pitchers have allowed 4.3 runs per game overall in 2018 as a unit. Its starters have a 4.07 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 3.97 ERA, 1.40 WHIP and 9.9 K/9.
The Pittsburgh hitters have put up 5.0 runs per outing, including 6.1 per game over its last 10 games and 5.4 per game over their last five. The team’s hit .277/.378/.528 over its last five matchups and is 4-1 SU during that span.
The Pirates’ hitters have been led by Francisco Cervelli, who is hitting .302/.415/.566 with six home runs, 24 RBIs and 15 runs scored.
In the other dugout, San Diego’s pitchers have allowed 4.7 runs per game and its starters own a 4.89 ERA, 1.51 WHIP and 8.71 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 3.23, along with a K-per-9 of 9.73.
The Padres offense has slashed .228/.301/.365 on its way to 3.7 runs scored per game in 2018, including 3.1 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 4.0 per game over the team’s last five outings (3-2 SU).
San Diego’s offense has been led by Eric Hosmer. Hosmer is slashing .270/.369/.487 with six home runs, 16 RBIs and 20 runs scored.
The Padres just got a 4-0 victory over the Rockies, while the Pirates are coming off of a 3-2 win against the White Sox.
San Diego Padres vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Free Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Pirates, ATS Winner – Padres, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in five of San Diego’s last seven games.
The Padres have hit five home runs in their last 10 games, including three over their last five.
Pittsburgh has posted 24.7 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 23.0 over its last five.
The Padres have won three of their last four games SU while the Pirates have won seven of their last eight SU.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019