San Diego Padres at San Francisco Giants Odds
San Francisco (-155) is favored over San Diego (+145) and Vegas has put the Over/Under for this afternoon’s game at 8.5 runs. The odds for betting on the game’s total sit at -105 for the under and -115 for the over. The game’s current runline odds stand at -150 for betting the Padres +1.5 runs and +130 for the Giants -1.5.
The Padres have gone 35-44 SU this year and are 39-39 against the spread (ATS). They’ve gained 0.1 units for moneyline bettors, despite having lost 10.8 units ATS. San Diego is 3-4 ATS over its last seven games and the under has hit in four of those seven. The Giants, on the other hand, are 39-39 SU and 43-34 ATS. The team has gained 4.7 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 7.6 units ATS. San Francisco has a 3-4 ATS record over its last seven outings and the over has cashed in four of those seven.
San Francisco games have an over/under record of 40-35-2 so far in 2018. San Diego has an over/under record of 36-40-2.
Eric Lauer is getting the nod for San Diego. Lauer is 3-4 with a 5.47 ERA and 47 strikeouts. He’s 0-0 with seven strikeouts and a 5.40 ERA against San Francisco this year.
The Giants are handing the ball to Dereck Rodriguez (2-1, 4.56 ERA), who’s got 22 strikeouts and six walks, as well as a WHIP of 1.52. Rodriguez has yet to face the Padres this year and did not record any MLB pitching stats in 2017.
As a unit, San Francisco’s pitching staff has allowed 4.5 runs per game overall this season. Its starting pitching staff has an ERA of 4.37, a WHIP of 1.35 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.1. The bullpen has a 3.71 ERA, 1.31 WHIP and 8.5 K/9. In 39 games against NL West opponents, Giants starters have an ERA of 3.93 and the bullpen’s ERA is 3.45.
The San Francisco hitters have produced 4.2 runs per outing, including 3.8 per game against divisional foes and 4.4 per game over their last five. The team has hit .255/.331/.395 over its last five contests and is 4-1 SU during that span.
The Giants’ offense has been led by shortstop Brandon Crawford and right fielder Andrew McCutchen. Crawford is slashing .313/.368/.498 with eight home runs, 35 RBIs and 32 runs scored, and McCutchen is batting .261 with eight homers, 34 RBIs and 43 runs.
In the visiting dugout, San Diego’s pitching staff allowed 4.5 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 4.67 ERA, 1.43 WHIP and 8.00 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 3.41, along with a K/9 of 9.36.
Padres hitters have slashed .235/.300/.370 on their way to 3.8 runs scored per game this year, including 3.9 runs per game against divisional foes and 3.0 per game over the team’s last five contests (1-4 SU).
First baseman Eric Hosmer and left fielder Jose Pirela continue to lead San Diego’s hitters. Hosmer is slashing .275/.349/.447 with nine home runs, 35 RBIs and 35 runs scored, while Pirela (.264/.313/.346) has produced one homers, 24 RBIs and 41 runs scored.
San Diego Padres at San Francisco Giants Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Giants, ATS Winner – Padres, O/U – OVER
The under has cashed in three of San Francisco’s last seven games.
The Padres have hit four home runs in their last 10 games. The Giants have hit eight over their last 10.
San Diego has recorded 19.9 runs + hits + errors per game over its last 10 contests and 19.8 over its last five.
The Giants have won four of their last five games SU.
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Duke Blue Devils at Louisville Cardinals Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Rider Broncs at Quinnipiac Bobcats Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019