San Diego Padres vs. St. Louis Cardinals Odds
Vegas has listed San Diego (+185) as the underdog to St. Louis (-200). The total sits at 8.5 runs and bettors can wager on the over for -105 and the under for -115. The game’s most recent runline odds stand at -120 for taking the Padres +1.5 runs and +100 for the Cardinals -1.5 runs.
The Padres are 32-37 SU and are 34-34 against the spread (ATS). They’ve gained 0.6 units for moneyline bettors, despite having lost 8.2 units ATS. The Cardinals, on the other hand, are 36-29 SU and 31-33 ATS. The team has lost 0.7 units for moneyline bettors and 2.1 units ATS.
St. Louis games have a 25-35-4 over/under record so far in 2018. The Padres have an over/under record of 33-33-2.
Eric Lauer is getting the start for the visiting Padres. Lauer is 2-4 with a 6.64 ERA and 38 strikeouts. He’s 0-1 with a 23.14 ERA against St. Louis this year.
The Cardinals are putting the ball in the hands of righty Luke Weaver (3-5, 4.35 ERA), who has 60 strikeouts and 25 walks, as well as a 1.32 WHIP. Weaver is 1-0 with four strikeouts and a 0.00 ERA in one start against San Diego this year.
San Diego’s pitchers have allowed 4.6 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 4.92 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 8.07 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 3.22, along with a K/9 of 9.27.
Padres hitters have slashed .232/.299/.373 on their way to 3.9 runs scored per game in 2018, including 4.3 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 2.8 per game over the team’s last five outings (3-2 SU).
San Diego’s offense has been led by outfielder Jose Pirela and first baseman Eric Hosmer. Pirela is hitting .275/.325/.351 with 72 hits, 19 RBIs and 37 runs scored, while Hosmer (.286/.368/.480) is up to 71 hits, nine homers, 31 RBIs and 34 runs scored.
In the other dugout, St. Louis’ pitching staff has allowed 4.0 runs per game overall in 2018. Its starters have an ERA of 3.06, a WHIP of 1.18 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 8.0. The bullpen has a 4.47 ERA, 1.44 WHIP and 8.7 K/9.
The St. Louis offense is putting up 4.3 runs per outing, including 4.2 per game over its last 10 games and 4.6 per game over its last five. The team has slashed .251/.316/.439 over its last five contests and is 3-2 SU during that stretch.
The Cardinals’ offense has been led by first baseman Jose Martinez and outfielder Marcell Ozuna. Martinez is slashing .322/.391/.522 with 10 home runs, 42 RBIs and 31 runs scored, and Ozuna’s line is .283/.332/.405 with seven homers, 35 RBIs and 26 runs scored.
The Padres have gained 2.1 units and are 26-21 ATS when facing a righty starter this season. The over has hit in 20 of those games, compared to 25 that’ve gone under against -handed starting pitchers.
San Diego Padres at St. Louis Cardinals Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Cardinals, ATS Winner – Padres, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in four of San Diego’s last seven games.
The Padres have won three of their last four games SU.
The San Diego defense has allowed three errors over its last five games, compared to zero errors for St. Louis over its last five.
The Padres have hit 11 home runs in their last 10 games. The Cardinals have hit 14 over their last 10.
- Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Santa Clara Broncos Betting Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Morehead State Eagles vs. Samford Bulldogs ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- North Carolina Central Eagles at McNeese State Cowboys Free Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- North Florida Ospreys vs. FIU Golden Panthers ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Duquesne Dukes Betting Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Boston University Terriers vs. Dartmouth Big Green Odds Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Milwaukee Panthers vs. UMKC Kangaroos ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Kennesaw State Owls at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- New Orleans Privateers at Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Lamar Cardinals at Bakersfield Roadrunners Free Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018