San Francisco Giants at Miami Marlins Odds
Miami (-110) is hosting this game as the favorite over San Francisco (+100) and Vegas has put the Over/Under for this game at 8 runs. Odds for betting on the game’s total stand at +100 for the over and -120 for the under. Gamblers can also wager on the game’s runline with the current odds standing at -210 for the Giants +1.5 runs and +175 for the Marlins -1.5 runs.
The Giants have gone 33-35 SU this year and are 38-29 against the spread (ATS). They’ve accumulated 4.9 units for moneyline bettors and 7.5 units ATS. San Francisco has covered the spread only twice over its last seven games and the over has hit in four of those seven. The Marlins, on the other hand, are 26-42 SU and 34-33 ATS. They’ve lost 3.2 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 6.3 units ATS. Miami has covered the spread five times in its last seven games and the under has cashed in four of those seven.
Miami games have an over/under record of 33-34 so far in 2018. San Francisco has an over/under record of 34-31-2.
Dereck Rodriguez will get the nod for San Francisco. Rodriguez is 1-1 with a 5.25 ERA and 12 strikeouts. He has yet to face the Marlins this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Marlins are putting the ball in the hands of righty Dan Straily (2-2, 4.08 ERA), who has 31 strikeouts and 22 walks, as well as a 1.49 WHIP. Straily made two starts against the Giants in 2017, posting a 1-0 record with a 2.70 ERA and six strikeouts.
As a unit, Miami’s pitching staff has given up 5.0 runs per game overall this year. Its starters have a 4.54 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 5.20 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 8.5 K/9.
The Miami offense is putting up 3.5 runs per contest, including 4.4 per game over its last 10 games and 4.0 per game over its last five. The team has hit .214/.292/.331 over its last five contests and is 3-2 SU during that span.
Third baseman Brian Anderson and second baseman Starlin Castro have led the Marlins’ offense this year. Anderson is hitting .308/.385/.443 with four home runs, 33 RBIs and 39 runs scored, while Castro’s line is .285/.333/.392 with three homers, 25 RBIs and 39 runs.
In the other dugout, San Francisco’s pitching staff allowed 4.7 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 4.66 ERA, 1.38 WHIP and 6.99 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 3.89, along with a WHIP of 1.38 and a K/9 of 8.69.
The Giants offense has slashed .262/.325/.416 on its way to 4.2 runs scored per game this year, including 4.9 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 3.4 per game over the team’s last five outings (1-4 SU).
San Francisco’s offensive production has been led by shortstop Brandon Crawford and right fielder Andrew McCutchen, who have combined to swat 15 home runs. Crawford is slashing .328/.377/.517 with eight home runs, 32 RBIs and 29 runs scored, while McCutchen (.262/.351/.447) has produced seven homers, 32 RBIs and 38 runs scored.
The Giants have gained 1.1 units and are 23-19 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher this year. The over has hit in 18 of those games, compared to 22 that’ve hit the under against ies.
San Francisco Giants at Miami Marlins MLB Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Marlins, ATS Winner – Giants, O/U – OVER
The under has cashed in four of Miami’s last seven games.
The Giants have lost four of their last five games SU.
San Francisco has posted 23.7 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 18.6 over its last five.
The Giants have hit 13 home runs in their last 10 games. The Marlins have hit eight over their last 10.
- Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Santa Clara Broncos Betting Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Morehead State Eagles vs. Samford Bulldogs ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- North Carolina Central Eagles at McNeese State Cowboys Free Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- North Florida Ospreys vs. FIU Golden Panthers ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Duquesne Dukes Betting Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Boston University Terriers vs. Dartmouth Big Green Odds Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Milwaukee Panthers vs. UMKC Kangaroos ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Kennesaw State Owls at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- New Orleans Privateers at Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Lamar Cardinals at Bakersfield Roadrunners Free Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018