San Francisco Giants vs. St. Louis Cardinals Odds
St. Louis (-145) is the favorite against San Francisco (+135) and Vegas has set the Over/Under for this night game at 7.5 runs. Odds for wagering on the game’s total stand at -115 for the over and -105 for the under. Bettors can also wager on the game’s runline with the most recent odds standing at Giants +1.5 runs (-160) and Cardinals -1.5 runs (+140).
The Cardinals are 84-69 straight up (SU) and 80-73 against the spread (ATS). They’ve gained 3.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 6.5 units (ATS). The Giants are 72-81 SU and have gone 84-69 ATS. In total, the team’s lost 1.3 units for moneyline bettors, but have gained 10.1 units ATS.
St. Louis games have an over/under record of 72-75-6 in 2018. The Giants have been a solid under bet with a total record of 63-84-6.
Madison Bumgarner will get the start for the visiting Giants. The left-handed Bumgarner is 6-6 with a 3.14 ERA and 98 strikeouts. He’s 1-0 with six strikeouts and a 6.75 ERA against St. Louis this year.
The Cardinals are handing the ball to righty John Gant (7-6, 3.53 ERA), who has 90 strikeouts and 51 walks, as well as a WHIP of 1.25. Gant is 0-0 with five strikeouts and a 3.00 ERA in one start against San Francisco this year.
San Francisco’s pitching staff allowed 4.2 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 3.95 ERA, 1.30 WHIP and 7.17 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 3.59, along with a WHIP of 1.30.
The Giants offense has slashed .241/.305/.373 on its way to 3.8 runs scored per game this season, including 2.6 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 3.6 per game over the team’s last five contests (3-2 SU).
San Francisco’s offensive production has been powered by shortstop Brandon Crawford and right fielder Andrew McCutchen. Crawford is hitting .259/.324/.398 with 13 home runs, 52 RBIs and 60 runs scored, while McCutchen is hitting .255 with 15 homers, 55 RBIs, 65 runs and 13 steals.
In the other dugout, St. Louis’ pitchers have allowed 4.2 runs per game overall this year. Its starters have a 3.46 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 8.2 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 4.32 ERA, 1.46 WHIP and 8.2 K/9.
The St. Louis offense has put up 4.7 runs per outing, including 6.0 per game over its last 10 games and 6.2 per game over its last five. The team has a slash-line of .247/.337/.435 over its last five contests and is 3-2 SU during that span.
Outfielder Marcell Ozuna and first baseman Jose Martinez have led the Cardinals’ hitters this year. Ozuna is slashing .281/.325/.437 with 22 home runs, 84 RBIs and 67 runs scored, and Martinez’s line sits at .304/.363/.452 with 16 homers, 80 RBIs and 61 runs.
The Giants have lost 2.5 units and are 51-42 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher this year. The over has cashed in 35 of those games, compared to 54 that’ve gone under in such games. On the other hand, the Cardinals have netted 2.3 units and are 22-21 ATS when facing a left-handed starting pitcher. The over has hit in 25 of those games, as opposed to 17 which went under the total.
San Francisco Giants vs. St. Louis Cardinals Free Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Cardinals, ATS Winner – Giants, O/U – OVER
The over has hit in only two of San Francisco’s last seven outings.
San Francisco fielders have committed two errors over their last five games, compared to five errors for St. Louis over its last five.
The Giants have hit five home runs in their last 10 games, including four over their last five.
- Los Angeles Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals – Free Week 16 Betting Preview - December 19, 2018
- Houston Texans vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Week 16 Free Preview - December 19, 2018
- Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers – Week 16 Free Betting Pick - December 19, 2018
- Week 16 Free Preview: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 19, 2018
- Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers – Week 16 Free Betting Preview - December 19, 2018
- Pittsburgh Steelers at New Orleans Saints – Week 16 Betting Pick - December 19, 2018
- Week 16 Free Pick – Washington Redskins at Tennessee Titans - December 19, 2018
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Los Angeles Chargers – Week 16 Free Betting Pick - December 19, 2018
- Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at San Francisco Dons Free Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018
- North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Saint Louis Billikens Free Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018