Brent Burns, Logan Couture, and the San Jose Sharks will do battle against Tyler Seguin, John Klingberg, and the Dallas Stars at the American Airlines Center for a Western Conference matchup. Fox Sports Southwest will showcase the action, which gets going at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 8.
San Jose Sharks vs. Dallas Stars Odds
San Jose (+100) is entering this one as the underdog to Dallas (-120), and the oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at 6 goals (-115 for the over, -105 for the under).
Dallas is 8-7 straight up (SU) and has lost 0.4 units for moneyline bettors thus far. That early-season winning percentage hasn’t moved much from what the team managed during the 2017-18 season (42-40). Out of its 15 regular season matches, eight of them have gone under the total, while five have gone over and just two have pushed. The team is 5-2 SU at home so far this year.
The Stars have converted on 24.4 percent of their power play chances this year, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked 16th overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 80.4 percent of all penalties.
With a .921 save percentage and 27.6 saves per game, Ben Bishop (6-5) has been the primary option in goal for the Stars this year. If the Stars, however, decide to give him the evening off, head coach Jim Montgomery could roll with Anton Khudobin (2-2-2 record, .929 save percentage, 2.22 goals against average).
San Jose has lost 3.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline this year and is currently 8-7 straight up (SU). Nine of its matches have gone over the total, while six have gone under the total and none have pushed. As the visiting team, the Sharks are 4-4 SU so far.
The Sharks have converted on 21.3 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked fourth overall and it’s successfully killed off 86.5 percent of all penalties.
Martin Jones (24.3 saves per game) has been the primary choice in goal for San Jose. Jones has seven wins, four losses, and one overtime loss to his credit, and has registered a .899 save percentage and 2.72 goals against average this year.
San Jose Sharks at Dallas Stars Free Picks
Pick: SU Winner – Sharks, O/U – Under
A majority (75.0 percent) of Dallas’ wins have been by two or more goals, and the team is 6-6 overall in such games. 3 of San Jose’s 8 wins (37.5 percent) have been decided by two or more goals.
The Stars are 2-5 SU in games where they serve more penalty minutes than their opponent while the Sharks are 3-2 SU when they spend more time in the box than the opposition.
After posting a 5-3 record in games decided by a shootout last year, San Jose is off to a 0-2 start in shootouts this season. Dallas was 4-3 in shootouts last year and has yet to participate in one this time around.
The under has hit in four of Dallas’ last five outings.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019