It will be a battle between CUSA opponents when the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (12-4, 4-0 CUSA) welcome the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (9-9, 2-3 CUSA) to Murphy Athletic Center. The game starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and will air on ESPN 3.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles vs. Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Free Prediction
In the Golden Eagles’ last outing, they were defeated by the UAB Blazers, 86-75. UAB’s 0.269 free throw rate was their largest strength over Southern Miss, who had a rate of 0.034. The Blazers’ mark was above their season average of 0.255, while the Golden Eagles’ was below their season average of 0.189. Tyree Griffin was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 9-for-16 shooting.
The Blue Raiders beat the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs in their last outing, 72-57. The Blue Raiders made 16 of their 19 free throws (84.2 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.3 (above their season average of 31.3). Nick King was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 9-for-18 shooting.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams battle. Middle Tennessee ranks 256th in possessions per game (68.6) and Southern Miss is 252nd (68.8). Additionally, put-back points figure to be tough to come by for the Golden Eagles. They rank 323rd in the NCAA in offensive rebounding percentage at 22.9 percent, while the Blue Raiders are 20th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 76.0 percent).
After the Blue Raiders won the lone game against the Golden Eagles last season, 72-56, these teams will meet for the first time this year. The Blue Raiders had a much better turnover percentage (10.5 vs. 22.3) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.602 vs. 0.490).
Southern Miss Golden Eagles at Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Betting Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Southern Miss, ATS Winner – Southern Miss, O/U – Over
Middle Tennessee ranks 27th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while Southern Miss ranks 250th (26.4).
The Blue Raiders rank 30th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while the Golden Eagles rank 155th (35.7).
Middle Tennessee averages 13.7 assists per game, which ranks 130th in the nation. Southern Miss ranks 176th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
The Golden Eagles rank 38th in steals per game (7.8) while the Blue Raiders rank 83rd (6.8).
Middle Tennessee is 50th in the nation with 2.9 blocks allowed per game while Southern Miss is 57th with 3.0 blocks allowed per game.
The Golden Eagles have been outscored by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Southern Miss has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.
During their last five games, the Blue Raiders have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (2.6 below their season average).
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Atlanta Braves Matchup 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Boston Red Sox Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Texas Rangers vs. Baltimore Orioles Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Kansas City Royals vs. Chicago White Sox Betting Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Detroit Tigers vs. Houston Astros Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- New York Yankees at Cleveland Indians Betting Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Seattle Mariners vs. Colorado Rockies Matchup 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Miami Marlins Free Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels at Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Tampa Bay Rays at Minnesota Twins Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018