Episode 24 of the Sports Betting Tips podcast, featuring veteran NBA journalist Chris Sheridan, is now available. In this week’s episode, Chris speaks with Mike Ganter, the Toronto Raptors beat writer for the Toronto Sun. Chris and Ganter discuss the Raptors’ showdown with Milwaukee, Toronto’s hot start, Kawhi Leonard, and more.
Listen to the full conversation here:
This episode is sponsored by BetDSI Sportsbook, which is now open to the U.S. market. Use promo code BBALL1000 for a free $25 wager. BetDSI will also match up to $1,000.
Related: NBA Betting Guide
No one really knew what to expect fromf the Raptors this season. They had traded their best player, fired their head coach, and acquired a disgruntled star whose health was unclear.
Toronto, however, has come out of the gates red-hot. The Raptors are 6-0.
“The progress he’s made is incredible, really,” Ganter said of Kawhi.
Ganter added that Kawhi “has been everything and more they could have hoped.” But he wouldn’t be surprised if the Raptors gave Leonard plenty of rest during the regular season, as “the goal is what happens in April or May.” Toronto doesn’t want another tremendous regular season that ends in a disappointing early-playoff exit.
The Raptors and Bucks square off Monday at 7 p.m. EST in Milwaukee. Both teams are 6-0 and look like the class of the East early in the season. The Raptors scratched Kawhi, however, and Giannis Antetokounmpo is in the concussion protocol.
“All of a sudden, bam, neither one of them is playing,” Ganter said. “This game has gone from must-see to, is there something else on?”
But plenty of fans will still tune in for this showdown. Ganter praised new Milwaukee coach Mike Budenholzer.
“Coach Mike Budenholzer has got these guys playing at both ends of the court at a high, high rate,” Ganter said.
The journalist, however, favors Toronto Monday.
“I think Toronto, up and down the lineup, is deeper,” Ganter explained.
Later in the podcast, our host and guest discussed title favorites (don’t sleep on the Pacers, Ganter says), sports betting in Canada, first-year Toronto coach Nick Nurse, Danny Green, and more.
Listen to the full episode by hitting play above, and be sure to subscribe to Get More Sports’ podcast Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan on your platform of choice.
- Rob Gronkowski almost played basketball for the Arizona Wildcats - November 15, 2018
- NBA Futures: Butler Trade Significantly Increases 76ers’ Title Odds - November 10, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 25: Lisa Hsu & Bobby Gonzalez - November 7, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 24: Mike Ganter - October 29, 2018
- Thunder’s Billy Donovan Odds-on Favorite to be Fired Next - October 29, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 23: John Mason - October 24, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 22: Steve Aschburner - October 17, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 21: Brandon ‘Scoop B’ Robinson - October 8, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 20: David Griffin - October 4, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 19: Rick Pitino - October 4, 2018