Episode 24 of the Sports Betting Tips podcast, featuring veteran NBA journalist Chris Sheridan, is now available. In this week’s episode, Chris speaks with Mike Ganter, the Toronto Raptors beat writer for the Toronto Sun. Chris and Ganter discuss the Raptors’ showdown with Milwaukee, Toronto’s hot start, Kawhi Leonard, and more.
Listen to the full conversation here:
This episode is sponsored by BetDSI Sportsbook, which is now open to the U.S. market. Use promo code BBALL1000 for a free $25 wager. BetDSI will also match up to $1,000.
Related: NBA Betting Guide
No one really knew what to expect fromf the Raptors this season. They had traded their best player, fired their head coach, and acquired a disgruntled star whose health was unclear.
Toronto, however, has come out of the gates red-hot. The Raptors are 6-0.
“The progress he’s made is incredible, really,” Ganter said of Kawhi.
Ganter added that Kawhi “has been everything and more they could have hoped.” But he wouldn’t be surprised if the Raptors gave Leonard plenty of rest during the regular season, as “the goal is what happens in April or May.” Toronto doesn’t want another tremendous regular season that ends in a disappointing early-playoff exit.
The Raptors and Bucks square off Monday at 7 p.m. EST in Milwaukee. Both teams are 6-0 and look like the class of the East early in the season. The Raptors scratched Kawhi, however, and Giannis Antetokounmpo is in the concussion protocol.
“All of a sudden, bam, neither one of them is playing,” Ganter said. “This game has gone from must-see to, is there something else on?”
But plenty of fans will still tune in for this showdown. Ganter praised new Milwaukee coach Mike Budenholzer.
“Coach Mike Budenholzer has got these guys playing at both ends of the court at a high, high rate,” Ganter said.
The journalist, however, favors Toronto Monday.
“I think Toronto, up and down the lineup, is deeper,” Ganter explained.
Later in the podcast, our host and guest discussed title favorites (don’t sleep on the Pacers, Ganter says), sports betting in Canada, first-year Toronto coach Nick Nurse, Danny Green, and more.
Listen to the full episode by hitting play above, and be sure to subscribe to Get More Sports’ podcast Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan on your platform of choice.
- Betting Odds: Will The Tennessee Titans Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Betting Odds: Will The Indianapolis Colts Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 30: The Post-Valanciunas Raptors - December 16, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 29: Bulls Coaching Change - December 4, 2018
- Luca Doncic is Now Odds-On Favorite for NBA Rookie of the Year Betting - November 30, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 28: Fultz & The Sixers - November 29, 2018
- Betting Odds for Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, UCF and Texas CFP Chances - November 26, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 27: Tiger-Phil Showdown - November 22, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 26: Carmelo Anthony’s Future - November 16, 2018
- Free Agency Betting Odds: Where Will Kevin Durant Play Next, Lakers Are Favorites - November 16, 2018