Episode 27 of the Sports Betting Tips podcast, featuring veteran sports journalist Chris Sheridan, is now available. In this week’s episode, Chris speaks with Ron Sirak, Golf Channel contributor, and Scott Cooley, odds consultant for BetDSI Sportsbook. Sheridan, Sirak, and Cooley discuss the upcoming Tiger Woods vs. Phil Mickelson match.
Listen to the full conversation here:
This episode is sponsored by BetDSI Sportsbook, which is now open to the U.S. market. Use promo code BBALL1000 for a free $25 wager. BetDSI will also match up to $1,000.
About the Match
The two storied golfers will step to the tee at Shadow Creek at 3 p.m. ET Friday. Sirak calls Shadow Creek the “most exclusive golf course in America.”
“It might be the least played golf course on the planet,” he said. “It’s going to be worth watching just to see the golf course.”
But, he added, expect plenty of excitement during the showdown.
“They’re both going to gamble in this match and be really aggressive,” Sirak said.
Our host and guests reviewed some lines for the match, including whether there will be an eagle (5-1). Our experts see that as a must-take prop bet.
“These guys are virtually eagle machines,” Sirak explained.
He added that he thinks Mickelson is likelier to have a three-put than Tiger. If Mickelson does record an official three-put, bettors will receive a +700 payout.
Who Will Win?
Tiger is currently the favorite at -220, with Phil at +170. Cooley likes Mickelson as a value bet.
“In a match play event, anything can happen,” he said. “For me, this is more of a tossup.”
Sirak agreed that Phil is a good value bet, but he favors Tiger to ultimately win.
“Tiger’s my favorite here,” he said. “I do think Tiger’s playing better.”
The match is available on pay-per-view for $19.99.
Later in the episode, Sheridan, Sirak, and Cooley discussed additional prop bets, memorable stories from Sirak’s career, up-and-coming golfers, and more.
Listen to the full episode by hitting play above, and be sure to subscribe to Get More Sports’ podcast Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan on your platform of choice.
- Betting Odds: Will The Tennessee Titans Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Betting Odds: Will The Indianapolis Colts Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 30: The Post-Valanciunas Raptors - December 16, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 29: Bulls Coaching Change - December 4, 2018
- Luca Doncic is Now Odds-On Favorite for NBA Rookie of the Year Betting - November 30, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 28: Fultz & The Sixers - November 29, 2018
- Betting Odds for Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, UCF and Texas CFP Chances - November 26, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 27: Tiger-Phil Showdown - November 22, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 26: Carmelo Anthony’s Future - November 16, 2018
- Free Agency Betting Odds: Where Will Kevin Durant Play Next, Lakers Are Favorites - November 16, 2018