Two teams that each played a day ago, the St. Louis Blues and the Chicago Blackhawks collide at the United Center for a Central Division tilt. NBC Sports Network will broadcast the matchup, and the opening face-off takes place at 7:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18.
St. Louis Blues at Chicago Blackhawks Odds
St. Louis is 38-33 straight up (SU) and has lost 3.3 units for moneyline bettors thus far. Through 71 regular season contests, 42 of its games have gone under the total, while 27 have gone over and just one has pushed. The Blue Notes are 17-18 SU on the road in 2017-18.
St. Louis has converted on just 15.2 percent of its power play chances this season, a mark that places them in the bottom- overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 15th out of 31 teams, and it’s successfully killed off 80.8 percent of its penalties.
For the team as a whole, the Blue Notes have been penalized just 3.4 times per game overall this season, and 2.2 per game over its past five. The team’s been forced to kill penalties just 8.0 minutes per game over their last 10 outings.
Boasting a .906 save percentage and 24.9 saves per game, Jake Allen (22-27-2) has been the top option in goal for St. Louis this year. Allen played last night, however, so the team may opt to rest him and instead go with Carter Hutton (17-13-3 record, .934 save percentage, 2.02 goals against average).
Brayden Schenn and Vladimir Tarasenko will both lead the offensive attack for the visiting Blues. Schenn has 59 points on 25 goals and 34 assists, and has recorded multiple points 13 times. Tarasenko has 27 goals and 31 assists to his name, and has logged a point in 38 games.
Chicago is 30-42 straight up (SU) and has lost 15.8 units for moneyline bettors this year. 37 of its outings have gone under the total, while 31 have gone over and just three have pushed. This season, the team’s 17-18 SU at home.
The Blackhawks have converted on just 15.7 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s ranked 29th in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 18th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 80.3 percent of all opponent power plays.
Blackhawks players have been called for penalties only 3.4 times per game in total this season, and 1.6 per game over their last five at home. The team has been forced to stave off opponent power plays just 6.2 minutes per game over their last 10 outings.
Corey Crawford (27.9 saves per game) has been the primary option in goal for the Blackhawks. Crawford has 16 wins, 12 losses, and two overtime losses and has maintained a 2.27 goals against average and a .929 save percentage this season.
The home team will be led on offense by Patrick Kane (25 goals, 44 assists).
St. Louis Blues at Chicago Blackhawks Free Picks
Free Pick: SU Winner – Blackhawks, O/U – Over
St. Louis is 3-0 in games decided by a shootout this season while Chicago is 1-1 in shootouts.
The under has hit in three of Chicago’s last five games.
Over St. Louis’ last ten games, seven of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 2-5 in those games).
St. Louis skaters have given out the league’s 12th-most hits per game (22.5).
- Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals Betting Preview 4/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights Matchup Preview 4/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- New York Mets vs. St. Louis Cardinals Free Pick 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Boston Red Sox vs. Toronto Blue Jays Free Pick 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Detroit Tigers at Pittsburgh Pirates Betting Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Minnesota Twins vs. New York Yankees Betting Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals Betting Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Seattle Mariners vs. Cleveland Indians Free Pick 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Atlanta Braves vs. Cincinnati Reds Free Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018