The St. Louis Cardinals will travel a few hours west to Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium to take on the Kansas City Royals. The game gets underway 2:15 p.m. ET and Fox Sports Kansas City will be televising this interleague matchup.
St. Louis Cardinals at Kansas City Royals Odds
Vegas is listing St. Louis (-160) as the favorite over Kansas City (+150). Gamblers can wager on the game’s total with odds posted at -110 for over 9 runs and -110 for under 9. Bettors can also wager on the game’s spread with the most recent runline odds standing at Cardinals -1.5 runs (-110) and Royals +1.5 runs (-110).
The Cardinals are 60-55 SU and have gone 57-59 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 5.7 units for moneyline gamblers and 4.9 units ATS. St. Louis has covered the spread four times in its last seven games and the total has gone under in four of those seven. The Royals, on the other hand, are 35-79 SU and 52-63 ATS. They’ve lost 29.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 20.5 units ATS. Kansas City has covered the spread just twice over its last seven games and the under has hit in three of those seven.
Kansas City games have a 48-60-7 over/under record in 2018. The Cardinals have an over/under record of 53-58-5.
St. Louis’ pitchers have allowed 4.2 runs per game and its starters own a 3.51 ERA, 1.24 WHIP and 8.06 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 4.32, along with a K/9 of 8.32.
The Cardinals offense has slashed .249/.323/.404 on its way to 4.5 runs scored per game in 2018, including 4.4 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 4.2 per game over the team’s last five contests (4-1 SU).
Left fielder Marcell Ozuna and third baseman Matt Carpenter have paced St. Louis’ hitters. Ozuna is hitting .272/.317/.394 with 13 home runs, 60 RBIs and 45 runs scored, while Carpenter is hitting .281 with 31 homers, 63 RBIs and 77 runs scored.
For the home team, Kansas City’s pitching staff has given up 5.4 runs per game overall this season. The club’s starters have an ERA of 5.27, a WHIP of 1.47 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.4. The bullpen has a 5.32 ERA, 1.54 WHIP and 7.1 K/9.
The Kansas City offense has produced 3.7 runs per contest, including 4.2 per game over its last 10 games and 3.4 per game over its last five. The team’s hit .243/.301/.331 over its last five matchups and is 1-4 SU during that span.
The Royals’ offense has been led by second baseman Whit Merrifield and third baseman Mike Moustakas. Merrifield is hitting .300/.367/.425 with seven home runs, 37 RBIs, 54 runs and 25 steals, while Moustakas has produced a line of .249/.309/.468 with 20 homers, 62 RBIs and 46 runs scored.
St. Louis Cardinals at Kansas City Royals Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cardinals, ATS Winner – Cardinals, O/U – OVER
The over has hit in only two of St. Louis’ last seven games.
The Cardinals have won four of their last five games SU.
St. Louis has recorded 23.2 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 games and 23.0 over its last five.
The Cardinals have hit 10 home runs in their last 10 games, including six over their last five.
- Detroit Red Wings at Montreal Canadiens Betting Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Los Angeles Kings vs. Toronto Maple Leafs Free Prediction 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators Matchup Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Minnesota Wild vs. Nashville Predators Game Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Anaheim Ducks vs. St. Louis Blues Free Prediction 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. New Jersey Devils Game Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Winnipeg Jets Free Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox Matchup 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Week 6 Free Betting Preview – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots - October 13, 2018