St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago White Sox Odds
St. Louis (-135) is favored over Chicago (+125) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this night game at 9 runs. Odds for betting on the game’s total stand at -110 for both the over and the under. Runline odds stand at +110 for betting the Cardinals -1.5 runs and -130 for the White Sox +1.5 runs.
The Cardinals have gone 47-43 SU this year and are 44-45 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 6.8 units for moneyline bettors and 4.7 units ATS. The White Sox, on the other hand, are 30-61 SU and 45-45 ATS. They’ve lost 20.1 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 7.3 units ATS.
Chicago games have a 41-44-5 over/under record so far in 2018. The Cardinals have been a decent under bet with a total record of 38-47-4.
Right-hander Luke Weaver is the probable starter for the visiting Cardinals. Weaver is 5-7 with a 4.92 ERA and 89 strikeouts. He has yet to face the White Sox this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The White Sox are handing the ball to lefty Carlos Rodon (1-3, 4.29 ERA), who has 28 strikeouts and 15 walks to his name, as well as a 1.29 WHIP. Rodon did not record a start against the Cardinals in 2017.
Chicago’s pitching staff has yielded 5.5 runs per game overall this year as a unit. The club’s starters have a 5.38 ERA, 1.48 WHIP and 6.3 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 4.49 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 9.5 K/9.
The Chicago hitters have produced 4.0 runs per outing, including 4.9 per game over its last 10 games and 3.2 per game over their last five. The team has slashed .185/.238/.318 over its last five contests and is 0-5 SU during that stretch.
The White Sox hitters have been led by first baseman Jose Abreu and third baseman Yolmer Sanchez. Abreu is slashing .256/.312/.443 with 12 home runs, 50 RBIs and 42 runs scored, while Sanchez’s line sits at .257/.308/.412 with five homers, 41 RBIs, 32 runs and nine stolen bases.
In the other dugout, St. Louis’ pitchers have allowed 4.2 runs per game and its starters own a 3.47 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 8.03 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 4.17, along with a K-per-9 of 8.57.
The Cardinals offense has slashed .247/.320/.404 on its way to 4.5 runs scored per game this season, including 6.3 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 7.6 per game over the team’s last five outings (3-2 SU).
St. Louis’ offense has been fueled by first baseman Jose Martinez and left fielder Marcell Ozuna, who have combined to blast 23 home runs. Martinez is hitting .302/.368/.487 with 13 home runs, 55 RBIs and 35 runs scored, while Ozuna (.274/.316/.396) has produced 10 homers, 48 RBIs and 37 runs scored.
The Cardinals have lost 4.0 units and are 11-12 ATS when facing a left-handed starting pitcher this year. The over has hit in 13 of those games, compared to 10 that’ve hit the under in such games. On the other hand, the White Sox have lost 16.8 units and are 34-36 ATS when facing a righty starter. The over’s hit in 31 of those games, compared to 34 that went under.
St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago White Sox Free MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Cardinals, ATS Winner – Cardinals, O/U – OVER
The over has hit in four of Chicago’s last seven games.
The White Sox have dropped seven of their last eight games SU.
St. Louis has posted 26.9 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 30.4 over its last five.
The Cardinals have hit 13 home runs in their last 10 games, including seven over their last five.
- Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Florida State Seminoles ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Chicago State Cougars at East Tennessee State Buccaneers Betting Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Toledo Rockets vs. FGCU Eagles Free Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Boise State Broncos vs. Creighton Bluejays ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- California Baptist Lancers at Nevada Wolf Pack Free Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns vs. Colorado State Rams ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Temple Owls vs. VCU Rams Odds Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Utah State Aggies vs. Saint Mary’s Gaels Betting Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Little Rock Trojans vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Rutgers Scarlet Knights Odds Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018