The Arizona State Sun Devils (14-15) welcome the Stanford Cardinal (15-12) to Wells-Fargo Arena as the regular season comes to a close. Action gets underway at 11:00 pm ET on Thursday, Mar. 3 and will air on FS1.
The Sun Devils were beaten by Colorado 79-69 on Sunday. Eric Jacobsen had a good game, finishing with 14 points and nine rebounds for Arizona State. The Cardinal, meanwhile, are coming off a 79-70 win over UCLA on Saturday. Michael Humphrey led the game in scoring by accounting for 24 points on 12-for-14 shooting.
Over the last five games, Rosco Allen has been on a tear for the Cardinal. During that stretch, he has averaged 19.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.6 steals, and 2.2 three-pointers.
This is the second game of the season between these two teams, with the Cardinal winning the first matchup 75-73. In the victory, Allen led all scorers on the team with 24 points.
The Sun Devils are trying to improve upon their records of 14-15 Straight Up (SU) and 12-15-1 Against The Spread (ATS).
Across the court, Stanford has a SU record of 15-12 and an ATS record of 11-13-1. The last 10 games have really brought the worst out of the Cardinal on the defensive end. They allowed 78.8 points per game during that span, which is higher than their season average of 68.6.
Following the Cardinal’s latest win over Arizona State, their SU record against Arizona State moves to 7-3 over their most recent meetings. Furthermore, Stanford leads the matchup ATS with a record of 6-3-1. Arizona State held the edge in field goals, rebounds, and three-pointers once in the last five games, while Stanford wasn’t able to do so in that span.
Predictions: SU Winner – AriSt, ATS Winner – AriSt
Arizona State averages 73.8 points per game, placing the team just 133rd in the nation. Stanford ranks 84th in points allowed, giving up 68.6 points per game.
The Arizona State Sun Devils average a field goal percentage of 41.7% this season. The Stanford Cardinal have split their games this season (9-9) when opponents have a FG% of 41.7% or greater.
The Arizona State Sun Devils rank lower for their field goal percentage (288th) than they do for their effective field goal percentage (257th), but the Stanford Cardinal have a better FG% ranking (243rd) than eFG% ranking (266th).
Arizona State ranks 72nd in offensive rebounding. Stanford ranks 313th in defensive rebounding.
Arizona State averages a forced turnover rate of 18.5% this season. Stanford has a 4-5 record when it suffers a turnover rate equal to or exceeding this.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019