When the biggest sporting event of the year heads into its break, it becomes time for the biggest music show of the year.
The Super Bowl halftime show is always one of the more extravagant events all year and this year the stage belongs to Maroon 5, along with Big Boi and Travis Scott. While many prop bets are focused on the game itself, the halftime show is no break for those wanting to wager.
One of the biggest questions around every halftime show is how will the performers begin the show?
Last year Justin Timberlake opened with the live debut of his song Filthy and the year before Lady Gaga began on top of the stadium and sang an American medley of God Bless America and This Land is Your Land before getting into her songs with Poker Face.
Related: Super Bowl Prop Betting
So how will Maroon 5 begin the halftime show?
Moves Like Jagger +125
This Love +150
She Will be Loved +300
What Lovers Do +500
Sunday Morning +750
One More Night +1,000
Girls Like You +1,000
With a song like Moves Like Jagger at +125, there is another prop bet if Mick Jagger himself will join the band. If that’s the case, it won’t lead the show because a surprise guest would most likely be in the middle to the end of a set list.
She Will be Loved is another one that probably won’t leadoff because the song isn’t really a get out of your seat and jump around kind of song one might want to start a halftime show.
Sunday Morning at +750 is along the same lines as She Will be Loved, and Girls Like You at +1,000 is a longshot because of the same reasoning — it might not bring enough pop to be a kickoff song.
One More Night would probably be a good bet because it’s one that most people will know. It’s a fun song and upbeat, plus it’s called One More Night and there is only one more night left in the football season. At +1,000 that could be a nice bet.
Payphone is another song most of the fans would recognize so it could be a good starter for the band, and at +750 it could be a nice place to put your money as well.
Whatever song Maroon 5 picks to start things off, it’s sure to be an interesting show given the questions that came around when it announced they would be performing the show. Who knows what way Adam Levine and company will go.
- Sale Opens Up, Snell goes down, a Team in Mexico and More - April 17, 2019
- The Matrix, Price and Pitchers Take to Social Media and More - April 17, 2019
- Tempers Flare in Pittsburgh, Sanchez Hits Three Homers and More - April 7, 2019
- Houston has Some Problems, Pujols Hits a Milestone and More - April 7, 2019
- New York Jets Post About New Look, Miller Jabs AB and More - April 4, 2019
- Bosa Making Draft Rounds, Lions Willing to Trade Pick and More - April 4, 2019
- Can the AAF survive the rest of the week? - April 2, 2019
- Tom Brady wins Twitter on April Fools Day - April 1, 2019
- Raiders workout Murray, Cardinals date Nick Bosa and more - April 1, 2019
- Super Bowl 2019 Halftime Show Props: Which Maroon 5 song will be first? - January 31, 2019