The Tampa Bay Lightning at the Prudential Center in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals. The opening face-off takes place at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, April 16, and you’ll be able to watch it live on CNBC, RSN, TVA2 and MSG+.
Tampa Bay Lightning at New Jersey Devils Odds
Tampa Bay (-140) is currently favored over New Jersey (+120) and the oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at 6 goals (-110 for the over, -110 for the under).
Tampa Bay is 56-28 straight up (SU) and has earned 10.0 units for moneyline bettors this season. Through 84 regular season outings, 51 of its games have gone over the total, while 31 have gone under and just two have pushed. The Bolts are 25-16 SU as the away team in 2017-18.
After producing the third-strongest power-play unit in the regular season (scoring on 24.7 percent of all chances), the Lightning have connected on 75.0 percent of their extra-man advantages in the early stages of this postseason.
The Lightning’ offense attempted 32.6 shots per game in the regular season, resulting in 3.6 goals per outing (ranked first overall in the NHL). In the postseason, however, the team is down to an average of 28.5 shots on goal yet up to 5.0 goals per game.
Averaging 29.5 saves per game with a .920 save percentage, Andrei Vasilevskiy (46-21-3) has been the top option in goal for Tampa Bay this season. If Tampa Bay decides to rest him, however, they may turn to Louis Domingue (7-12-1 record, .894 save percentage, 3.41 goals against average).
Nikita Kucherov and Steven Stamkos will both lead the offensive attack for the visiting Lightning. Kucherov (104 points) has tallied 41 goals and 63 assists, and has recorded two or more points 31 times. Stamkos has 27 goals and 61 assists to his name (and has registered at least one point in 53 games).
On the other side of the ice, New Jersey is 44-40 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 10.9 units this season. 44 of its games have gone over the total, while 38 have gone under and just two have pushed. This season, the team’s 23-18 SU as the home team.
The Devils have converted on just 21.4 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked eighth overall, and it’s successfully killed off 80.9 percent of all penalties.
New Jersey skaters have been whistled for penalties 3.7 times per game in total this season, and 2.8 per game over their last five at home. The team’s had to stave off opponent power plays just 6.5 minutes per game over their last 10 outings.
Keith Kinkaid (26.6 saves per game) has been the primary option in goal for the Devils. Kinkaid has 26 wins, 17 losses, and three OT losses to his credit and has registered a pedestrian 2.89 goals against average and a poor .909 save percentage this year.
The home team offense will be led by Taylor Hall (40 goals, 55 assists).
Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New Jersey Devils Free Picks
Free NHL Tip: SU Winner – Lightning, O/U – Under
The over has hit in four of New Jersey’s last five outings.
Eight of Tampa Bay’s last ten games have been decided by two goals or more. The team is 5-3 in those games.
- Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals Betting Preview 4/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights Matchup Preview 4/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- New York Mets vs. St. Louis Cardinals Free Pick 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Boston Red Sox vs. Toronto Blue Jays Free Pick 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Detroit Tigers at Pittsburgh Pirates Betting Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Minnesota Twins vs. New York Yankees Betting Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals Betting Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Seattle Mariners vs. Cleveland Indians Free Pick 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Atlanta Braves vs. Cincinnati Reds Free Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018