The Tampa Bay Lightning will play the Washington Capitals at Capital One Arena in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals. NBC Sports Network will broadcast the matchup, which gets going at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 15.
Tampa Bay Lightning at Washington Capitals Odds
With a -120 moneyline, Washington comes into the game as the favorite. The line for Tampa Bay sits at +100 and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at an even 6 goals. The line for betting that total stands at -115 for the over and -105 for the under.
Tampa Bay is 62-32 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 10.0 units this year. Through 94 regular season matches, 55 of its games have gone over the total, while 35 have gone under and just four have pushed. The Bolts are 28-17 SU on the road in 2017-18.
After sporting the third-strongest power-play unit in the regular season (converting 24.7 percent of all chances), the Lightning have been able to score on 28.9 percent of their extra-man advantages in the postseason. Their penalty kill has gone from 75.4 percent in the regular season to 71.1 percent in the playoffs.
The Lightning’ offensive skaters attempted 32.5 shots per game in the regular season, resulting in 3.6 goals per outing (ranked first overall in the NHL). In the playoffs, the team is attempting an average of 31.5 shots on goal 3.3 goals per game.
With a .918 save percentage and 29.1 saves per game, Andrei Vasilevskiy (52-25-3) has been the top option in goal for Tampa Bay this season. If it chooses to give him a rest, however, Tampa Bay may roll with Louis Domingue (7-13-1 record, .896 save percentage, 3.35 goals against average).
Nikita Kucherov and Steven Stamkos will both lead the way for the visiting Lightning. Kucherov (114 points) is up to 45 goals and 69 assists, and has recorded two or more points 34 times. Stamkos has 32 goals and 67 assists to his credit, and has registered at least one point in 61 games.
Over on the other bench, Washington is 59-37 straight up (SU) and has earned 17.9 units for moneyline bettors this year. 53 of its games have gone over the total, while 40 have gone under and just three have pushed. This season, the team’s 31-16 SU at home.
The Capitals have converted on 24.2 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a mark that’s good enough for seventh-best in the league. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 16th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 79.6 percent of all penalties.
Washington skaters have been sent to the penalty box 4.1 times per game in total this season, 4.2 per game over their past five outings total, and 4.4 per game over their last five at home. The team’s been forced to stave off opponent power plays 8.8 minutes per contest over their last five home games.
Braden Holtby has stopped 27.4 shots per game as the top option in goal for the Capitals. Holtby has 44 wins, 23 losses, and five OT losses and has registered a .911 save percentage and 2.80 goals against average this season.
Alex Ovechkin (59 goals, 47 assists) will pace the attack for the home team.
Tampa Bay Lightning at Washington Capitals Betting Predictions
NHL Pick: SU Winner – Lightning, O/U – Under
Washington’s attempted 29.6 shots per game overall this season (ranked 31st in the NHL), and 29.7 over their last 10 outings.
Six of Washington’s last ten contests have been decided by two or more goals, and the team is 5-1 overall in those games.
- Cal State Fullerton Titans at San Francisco Dons Betting Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens vs. Stony Brook Seawolves Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Northeastern Huskies vs. Vermont Catamounts ATS Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Maine Black Bears at Duquesne Dukes ATS Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Dayton Flyers Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Fairfield Stags vs. Boston College Eagles Betting Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Saint Louis Billikens vs. Houston Cougars Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Green Bay Phoenix at Michigan State Spartans ATS Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Central Arkansas Bears vs. New Mexico Lobos Betting Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys ATS Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018