Tampa Bay Rays at Minnesota Twins Odds
The Rays are 49-46 SU and are 54-40 against the spread (ATS). They’ve gained 8.0 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 14.3 units ATS. Tampa Bay has covered the spread four times in its last seven games and the total has gone under in four of those seven. The Twins, on the other hand, are 43-50 SU and 52-40 ATS. The team’s lost 7.5 units for bettors taking the moneyline while gaining 9.3 units ATS. Minnesota has covered the spread five times in its last seven games and the over has hit in five of those seven.
Minnesota games have a 44-45-3 over/under record so far in 2018. The Rays have been a good under bet with a total record of 38-53-3.
Ryne Stanek will get the nod for Tampa Bay. The right-handed Stanek (1-2, 1.93 ERA) has recorded 41 punchouts in 32.2 innings so far. He’s 0-0 with two strikeouts and a 0.00 ERA against Minnesota this year.
The Twins are putting the ball in the hands of righty Fernando Romero (3-3, 4.38 ERA), who has 44 strikeouts and 19 walks to his credit, as well as a 1.34 WHIP. Romero has yet to face the Rays this year and did not pitch in the majors in 2017.
Tampa Bay’s pitching staff allowed 3.9 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 3.79 ERA, 1.19 WHIP and 8.78 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 3.53, along with a K/9 of 8.12.
The Rays offense has slashed .255/.328/.396 on its way to 4.1 runs scored per game this year, including 6.0 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 7.4 per game over the team’s last five contests (3-2 SU).
Tampa Bay’s hitters have been led by third baseman Matt Duffy and catcher Wilson Ramos. Duffy is hitting .316/.370/.413 with four home runs, 27 RBIs and 32 runs scored. Ramos (.297/.346/.488) has produced 14 homers, 53 RBIs and 30 runs scored.
For the home team, Minnesota’s pitchers have given up 4.7 runs per game overall in 2018. Its starting pitching staff has a 4.38 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 4.67 ERA, 1.41 WHIP and 9.4 K/9.
Minnesota’s hitters are putting up 4.4 runs per outing, including 6.3 per game over its last 10 games and 6.8 per game over their last five. The team’s hit .322/.388/.520 over its last five games and is 3-2 SU during that span.
The Twins’ offense has been led by left fielder Eddie Rosario and shortstop Eduardo Escobar. Rosario is hitting .307/.348/.536 with 19 home runs, 58 RBIs and 62 runs scored, and Escobar’s line is .274/.328/.512 with 14 homers, 57 RBIs and 41 runs scored.
The Rays have lost 0.8 units and are 34-29 ATS when facing a righty starter this season. The over has cashed in 28 of those games, compared to 33 that’ve gone under against right-handed starting pitchers. On the other hand, the Twins have lost 3.9 units and are 36-30 ATS when facing a righty starter. The over has cashed in 34 of those games, compared to 30 that went under.
Tampa Bay Rays vs. Minnesota Twins Free MLB Tip
Predictions: SU Winner – Twins, ATS Winner – Rays, O/U – UNDER
The under has hit in only two of Minnesota’s last seven games.
Minnesota has recorded 27.7 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 29.6 over its last five.
The Rays have hit 13 home runs in their last 10 games, including eight over their last five.
- Detroit Red Wings at Montreal Canadiens Betting Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Los Angeles Kings vs. Toronto Maple Leafs Free Prediction 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators Matchup Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Minnesota Wild vs. Nashville Predators Game Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Anaheim Ducks vs. St. Louis Blues Free Prediction 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. New Jersey Devils Game Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Winnipeg Jets Free Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox Matchup 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Week 6 Free Betting Preview – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots - October 13, 2018