The New York Yankees are set to host their division rival Tampa Bay Rays at Yankee Stadium. The matchup is going to be televised nationally on Fox Sports One and the first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. ET.
Tampa Bay Rays vs. New York Yankees Odds
Tampa Bay (+145) is entering this one as the underdog against New York (-155) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this one at 9 runs. The odds for betting on the game’s total sit at -110 for both the over and the under. The game’s most recent runline odds sit at -150 for taking the Rays +1.5 runs and +130 for the Yankees -1.5 runs.
The Yankees are 43-20 straight up (SU) and 35-27 against the spread (ATS). The team’s gained 12.4 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 6.6 units (ATS). The Rays are 32-35 SU and have gone 35-31 ATS. In total, the team’s lost 3.5 units for gamblers taking the moneyline, but have gained 2.9 units ATS.
Yankees games have had an over/under record of 31-28-3 so far in 2018. The Rays have an over/under record of 31-33-2.
The southpaw Blake Snell is getting the start for the visiting Rays. Snell is 8-3 with a 2.30 ERA and 89 strikeouts. He’s 0-1 with five strikeouts and a 13.50 ERA against New York this year.
The Yankees will put the ball in the right hand of Domingo German (0-4, 5.32 ERA), who has 53 strikeouts and 19 walks this season as well as a 1.27 WHIP. German hasn’t faced the Rays yet this year and did not record a start against them in 2017.
As a unit, New York’s pitchers have allowed 4.0 runs per game overall this year. The team’s starting pitching staff has an ERA of 3.87, a WHIP of 1.18 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 8.8. The bullpen has a solid ERA of just 2.96, a WHIP of 1.13 and a K/9 of 12.1. In 24 divisional games, Yankees starters have an ERA of 4.19 and the bullpen’s ERA is 3.32.
The New York offense has put up 5.4 runs per outing, including 5.4 per game against divisional foes and 3.0 per game over its last five. The team has hit .208/.269/.403 over its last five games and is 3-2 SU during that stretch.
The Yankees’ batters have been led by Aaron Judge, who is slashing .272/.394/.565 with 18 home runs, 46 RBIs and 45 runs scored.
In the visiting dugout, Tampa Bay’s pitching staff allowed 4.2 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 4.07 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 8.43 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 3.74, along with a WHIP of 1.20.
The Rays offense has slashed .255/.327/.394 on its way to 4.1 runs scored per game in 2018, including 4.3 runs per game against divisional foes and 4.8 per game over the team’s last five outings (4-1 SU).
Matt Duffy has led Tampa Bay’s hitters. Duffy is slashing .313/.351/.409 with 65 hits, 18 RBIs and 16 runs scored.
The Rays just got a 1-0 victory over the Blue Jays, while the Yankees are coming off of a 5-4 loss against the Nationals.
Tampa Bay Rays at New York Yankees MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Yankees, ATS Winner – Rays, O/U – OVER
The over has cashed in only one of New York’s last seven games.
The Rays have hit seven home runs in their last 10 games. The Yankees have hit 19 over their last 10.
The Tampa Bay defense has allowed eight errors over the last 10 games, compared to two errors for New York over its last 10.
- Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Santa Clara Broncos Betting Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Morehead State Eagles vs. Samford Bulldogs ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- North Carolina Central Eagles at McNeese State Cowboys Free Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- North Florida Ospreys vs. FIU Golden Panthers ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Duquesne Dukes Betting Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Boston University Terriers vs. Dartmouth Big Green Odds Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Milwaukee Panthers vs. UMKC Kangaroos ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Kennesaw State Owls at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- New Orleans Privateers at Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Lamar Cardinals at Bakersfield Roadrunners Free Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018