The New York Yankees are set to host their division rival Tampa Bay Rays at Yankee Stadium. The matchup is going to be televised nationally on Fox Sports One and the first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. ET.
Tampa Bay Rays vs. New York Yankees Odds
Tampa Bay (+145) is entering this one as the underdog against New York (-155) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this one at 9 runs. The odds for betting on the game’s total sit at -110 for both the over and the under. The game’s most recent runline odds sit at -150 for taking the Rays +1.5 runs and +130 for the Yankees -1.5 runs.
The Yankees are 43-20 straight up (SU) and 35-27 against the spread (ATS). The team’s gained 12.4 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 6.6 units (ATS). The Rays are 32-35 SU and have gone 35-31 ATS. In total, the team’s lost 3.5 units for gamblers taking the moneyline, but have gained 2.9 units ATS.
Yankees games have had an over/under record of 31-28-3 so far in 2018. The Rays have an over/under record of 31-33-2.
The southpaw Blake Snell is getting the start for the visiting Rays. Snell is 8-3 with a 2.30 ERA and 89 strikeouts. He’s 0-1 with five strikeouts and a 13.50 ERA against New York this year.
The Yankees will put the ball in the right hand of Domingo German (0-4, 5.32 ERA), who has 53 strikeouts and 19 walks this season as well as a 1.27 WHIP. German hasn’t faced the Rays yet this year and did not record a start against them in 2017.
As a unit, New York’s pitchers have allowed 4.0 runs per game overall this year. The team’s starting pitching staff has an ERA of 3.87, a WHIP of 1.18 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 8.8. The bullpen has a solid ERA of just 2.96, a WHIP of 1.13 and a K/9 of 12.1. In 24 divisional games, Yankees starters have an ERA of 4.19 and the bullpen’s ERA is 3.32.
The New York offense has put up 5.4 runs per outing, including 5.4 per game against divisional foes and 3.0 per game over its last five. The team has hit .208/.269/.403 over its last five games and is 3-2 SU during that stretch.
The Yankees’ batters have been led by Aaron Judge, who is slashing .272/.394/.565 with 18 home runs, 46 RBIs and 45 runs scored.
In the visiting dugout, Tampa Bay’s pitching staff allowed 4.2 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 4.07 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 8.43 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 3.74, along with a WHIP of 1.20.
The Rays offense has slashed .255/.327/.394 on its way to 4.1 runs scored per game in 2018, including 4.3 runs per game against divisional foes and 4.8 per game over the team’s last five outings (4-1 SU).
Matt Duffy has led Tampa Bay’s hitters. Duffy is slashing .313/.351/.409 with 65 hits, 18 RBIs and 16 runs scored.
The Rays just got a 1-0 victory over the Blue Jays, while the Yankees are coming off of a 5-4 loss against the Nationals.
Tampa Bay Rays at New York Yankees MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Yankees, ATS Winner – Rays, O/U – OVER
The over has cashed in only one of New York’s last seven games.
The Rays have hit seven home runs in their last 10 games. The Yankees have hit 19 over their last 10.
The Tampa Bay defense has allowed eight errors over the last 10 games, compared to two errors for New York over its last 10.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019