Tampa Bay Rays vs. Toronto Blue Jays Odds
The Rays have gone 85-66 SU this year and are 86-64 against the spread (ATS). They’ve accumulated 25.3 units for gamblers taking the moneyline and 23.9 units ATS. Tampa Bay has covered the spread five times in its last seven games and the total has gone under in five of those seven. The Blue Jays, on the other hand, are 69-83 SU and 67-84 ATS. The team’s lost 7.3 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 27.6 units ATS. Toronto has covered the spread six times in its last seven games and the under has cashed in four of those seven.
Toronto games have an over/under record of 77-65-9 in 2018. The Rays have been a good under bet with a total record of 65-80-5.
Right-hander Ryne Stanek is projected to start for the visiting Rays. Stanek (2-3, 2.49 ERA) has recorded 73 strikeouts in 61.1 innings so far. He’s 0-0 with seven strikeouts and a 0.00 ERA against Toronto this year (four starts).
The Blue Jays are sending righty Sam Gaviglio (3-8, 5.25 ERA) to the mound. Gaviglio has 97 strikeouts and 32 walks to his credit, as well as a WHIP of 1.44. Gaviglio is 0-2 with 10 strikeouts and a 6.23 ERA over two starts against Tampa Bay this year.
Toronto’s pitching staff has given up 5.1 runs per game overall in 2018 as a unit. Its starters have an ERA of 5.14, a WHIP of 1.43 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.6. The bullpen has a 4.37 ERA, 1.37 WHIP and 9.0 K/9. In 69 games against AL East opponents, Blue Jays starters have an ERA of 4.79 and the bullpen’s ERA is 4.08.
The Toronto hitters are putting up 4.4 runs per contest, including 3.9 per game against divisional foes and 4.6 per game over their last five. The team has hit .243/.276/.405 over its last five games and is 4-1 SU during that stretch.
First baseman Justin Smoak and right fielder Kevin Pillar have led the Blue Jays’ offense this year. Smoak is hitting .246/.355/.461 with 24 home runs, 76 RBIs and 64 runs scored, and Pillar is batting .246 with 14 homers, 56 RBIs, 61 runs and 14 stolen bases.
For the visitors, Tampa Bay’s pitching staff allowed 3.8 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 3.58 ERA, 1.16 WHIP and 9.40 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 3.61, along with a K-per-9 of 8.26.
Rays hitters have slashed .260/.335/.407 on their way to 4.4 runs scored per game in 2018, including 4.4 runs per game against divisional foes and 5.6 per game over the team’s last five contests (5-0 SU).
Tampa Bay’s offensive production has been led by third baseman Matt Duffy and second baseman Joey Wendle. The speedy Duffy is slashing .299/.362/.373 with four home runs, 44 RBIs and 54 runs scored. Wendle (.302/.352/.437) is up to seven homers, 53 RBIs, 56 runs and 14 steals.
The Rays have gained 14.8 units and are 61-48 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher this season. The over has hit in 51 of those games, as opposed to 55 that’ve hit the under against righties. On the other hand, the Blue Jays have netted 11.1 units and are 46-55 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher. The over’s hit in 53 of those games, as opposed to 44 which went under the total.
Tampa Bay Rays at Toronto Blue Jays Free Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Blue Jays, ATS Winner – Rays, O/U – OVER
The over has hit in three of Toronto’s last seven games.
The Rays have hit 13 home runs in their last 10 games, including eight over their last five.
Toronto has recorded 17.6 runs + hits + errors per game over its last 10 contests and 21.4 over its last five.
- Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers – Week 16 Free Betting Preview - December 19, 2018
- Pittsburgh Steelers at New Orleans Saints – Week 16 Betting Pick - December 19, 2018
- Week 16 Free Pick – Washington Redskins at Tennessee Titans - December 19, 2018
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Los Angeles Chargers – Week 16 Free Betting Pick - December 19, 2018
- Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at San Francisco Dons Free Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018
- North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Saint Louis Billikens Free Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018
- Old Dominion Monarchs at Richmond Spiders Free Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018
- Idaho State Bengals vs. Utah Valley Wolverines Odds Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018
- Cornell Big Red vs. Toledo Rockets Odds Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018
- Hofstra Pride vs. Stony Brook Seawolves ATS Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018